Chapter Twelve - Aurora

Chapter Twelve

It is Lunch and Josie is nowhere to be found. Hope knows that Josie is suppose to be in the cafeteria but she isn't, She feels that something is wrong in the pit of her stomach. She makes her way towards the other Saltzman twin, Lizzie. "Where's your sister?" Hope asks, anxiety lacing her voice.

"Well Hello to you too Mikaelson" Lizzie snarls, then instantly regrets it. "Sorry" She mutters. "I don't know where my sister is and judging by the look on your face, you're worried..." Lizzie says as she gets up from her seat, leaving her food and her witch friends behind. Her and Hope make their way to the corner of the room. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know, somethings wrong... I can feel it in the pit of my stomach. It's like my wolf is crying out to me and that can only mean that something is wrong with Josie" Hope states. She feels herself shaking. Lizzie places her hand on Hope's shoulder in comfort. Hope takes a deep breath in. "I have to find her"

"Don't think that you're doing this alone Hope, When did you last see her?" Lizzie asks, trying not sound as worried as she's beginning to feel.

"This morning before class" Hope states.

"I saw her second period, so she can't have possibly gone far" Lizzie states. "We should start with the woods and the mill"

"I agree"

"I swear to god Hope, if she is just wondering the halls and not actually in trouble. I will kill you" Lizzie mutters. Just as Lizzie finishes speaking Hope starts to groan in pain, she looks down at her arm and sees an exclamation mark cut into her arm. Lizzie grabs onto Hope's arm and looks at the new wound, she watches as it heals. "Okay, shit... does that mean..."

"I don't think Josie would cut her arm just for the fun of it" Hope says. She takes a marker from her bag and draws symbols to let Josie know that she's coming to help her. Hope feels another sharp pain in her arm as she sees a tree shape get cut into her arm.

"She's somewhere with trees, so she must be somewhere in the woods" Lizzie says.

"Stay here" Hope says before making her way towards the door.

"And why would I do that?" Lizzie asks.

"Because I'm about to wolf out so I can find her faster and I don't want to tare you to pieces..." Hope growls.

"Didn't you once say that you can't hurt anything that Josie cares about?" Lizzie says. Hope groans, knowing that this is true.

"Fine, but if we go... we have to work together as a team. I can't allow you to get hurt. Josie would never forgive me"

"Okay fine. give me some of your blood..." Lizzie says, her expression not changing. Hope looks at her like she's crazy.

"Look if I die with your blood in my system then so what, I'll come back and I'll be a proper witch, so just give me your blood... don't worry I won't deliberately kill myself" Lizzie whispers as they walk towards the woods. Hope lets out a sigh.

"Fine" she says before biting her hand to make it bleed. A pool of blood sits in Hope's hand. "Just don't tell your dad I gave you my blood" Hope says.

"And what if I turn?" Lizzie asks, while looking at the blood.

"They we'll cross that bridge when we get to it" Hope says thoughtlessly. Lizzie nods and drinks the blood from Hope's hand. "Just please don't die"

Once they are deep in the woods, Hope's werewolf senses flare up. She can smell Josie and someone else, someone familiar. It's a scent that she hasn't smelt in a long time. "Lizzie stay behind me" Hope whispers. Lizzie nods and steps back behind her.

"Hope Mikaelson! I can hear you..." the high pitched voice says. She sounds crazy with the way she laughs after saying it.

'Wait here' Hope mouths. Lizzie hesitates but nods in agreement. Hope makes her way into the clearing where she meets a red haired woman.

"There she is" the woman says with a smirk.

"Who are you?" Hope asks. She notices her girlfriend, lying on the floor unconscious. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?" Hope yells making her way towards Josie. The woman steps in front of her.

"I wouldn't do that... I could snap her neck within seconds" She says with a smirk.

"Who are you?" Hope repeats.

"Oh sweet heart, I'm your fathers one true love Aurora" she says with a sadistic smile. "And I'm here to ruin everything he holds dear for messing with me"

"Good luck trying to kill a tribrid" Hope says stepping forward.

"But you're not a full tribrid, are you? You haven't died." Aurora says with a smirk. "Yes, I have been watching you for a long time, I know your weaknesses and it's this girl right here" she points at Josie. "You know I watched her cut symbols into her arm with a piece of glass and I watched them heal almost instantly and I wondered, why is it that she can heal so quickly when she's just a weak siphoner?"

"Shut up" Hope yelled. This just caused Aurora to laugh.

"But then I realised that she's been imprinted on, she even has that same mark on her shoulder that you have..." she says with a smirk. "I wonder what will happen if..." Aurora picks, the unconscious Josie up and holds onto her head.

"Don't touch her!" Hope yells, tears come to her eyes. Josie eyes shoot open as if Hope's pain caused her to wake up.

"Hope?" Josie says with tears in her eyes. At this point, Lizzie comes through the trees and shoots a fire spell at Aurora. Aurora's grip loosens and she dives to the side. Josie gets up and runs into Hope's arms. Aurora looks up at the three of them, she looks almost scared. She turns on her heel and speeds off with her vamp speed. Hope pulls Josie into a tight hug and lets out a sigh of relief. "We need to go back and warn dad" Josie says .

"You're right" hope says.

Lizzie, hope and Josie make their way through the trees, back to the school when they are stopped by Auroras cackling laughter. And then suddenly Lizzie falls to the floor with her heart next to her body. Josie lets out a shriek and runs to her sister side.

Hope's eyes widen with shock, she didn't think this would happen. "JOSIE QUICK, ILL PICK UP HER BODY BUT WE NEED TO GET INSIDE NOW!" Hope yells, not wanting her girlfriend to be next.

"HOPE SHE'S DEAD" Josie yelled, clearly pissed off and upset. Why wouldn't she be upset, her sister Is dead...

"Josie..." Hope says softly. "She has my blood in her system"

Hope felt her heart sink... she can't believe the thing she didn't want to happen, happened.