two

Okay Mike. Focus. Get her out of your head.

Mike was lost in his own thoughts during his math test. It was a sunny Thursday afternoon — the Halloween fun fair coming up in just a couple days.

The party was extremely excited.

Mike was just... confused. He hadn't seen the girl again, so he tried convincing himself that she was just passing through. He just couldn't shake the feeling that there's something special about her.

Once he was done with his test, he turned it in and sluggishly went back to his desk. He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before; he was awake studying for the test. 

The period ended a couple minutes later, meaning that the school day was over and Mike could finally go home.

"Hey," Max said, meeting up with him outside. She was carrying her skateboard and walking with Lucas.

"Hi guys," Mike said with a smile.

"How do you think you did on the math test?" Lucas asked, unchaining his bike from the bike rack.

"Decent. You?" Mike replied.

"I feel like I did okay," Lucas said with a shrug. Math wasn't his strong suit.

"I totally bombed it," Max said with a laugh. She hated math and didn't care to put even a tiny bit of effort towards it.

Mike chuckled and grabbed his bike, hopping on it and waving to his friends.

"Bye guys!" He exclaimed. Max and Lucas mumbled their goodbyes before Mike rode off to his house.

-

Saturday. Finally, the Halloween fair was here. The party had been so excited for weeks, and now it was finally here.

Max, Lucas, and Dustin went to Mike's house beforehand.

"Hey guys," Mike said, letting the others in. They agreed to not dress up, but Mike still wanted to show his Halloween spirit. He had on a long sleeve black polo, black slacks, and a pair of vampire teeth in.

"I thought we weren't dressing up," Dustin said.

"I just wanted to, uh, show my spirit. I guess," Mike said, blushing.

"Don't worry dude," Lucas said, taking off his jacket to reveal that he was dressed like Bender from The Breakfast Club. Max took off her sweater to reveal that she was dressed like Allison, also from The Breakfast Club.

"Max in a skirt? That's something you don't see everyday," Dustin said, earning a smack on the arm from Max.

"Shut up, Henderson," Max said.

"I can't believe I'm the only one that didn't get the memo of low-key costume," Dustin said sadly.

"You can wear my old ghostbusters costume if you want," Mike said.

"I'll pass. Let's just go," Dustin said.

The four boarded their bikes and made their way towards the fair. Streets were closed off and roller coasters were installed. It was getting dark outside, but the lights illuminated the roads.

"Max and I are going on the ferris wheel," Lucas said. The two walked over to the ferris wheel, hand in hand.

"I'm getting funnel cakes," Dustin said blankly, walking towards the funnel cake stand.

Mike sighed and looked around for something to do. He noticed a big stage near the ferris wheel. Curious, he walked over to it.

This is maybe where the live music is. I hope it's not lame, Mike thought to himself.

"Excuse me, when does the music start?" Mike asked a worker awkwardly.

"About fifteen minutes," the worker replied, uninterested.

Mike waited around by the stage, scanning the audience for anyone he knew. He sighed. El would love this.

Suddenly, the lights on the stage turned on. A crowd started to form around the stage, with Mike being shoved to the front.

Four girls walked on stage — three of which Mike recognized from school. Then there was one more.

The girl Mike saw at the arcade.

She was dressed in a maroon long sleeve dress with a white collar and black fishnets. The girl flashed a smile towards the audience to reveal that she was wearing vampire teeth. Just like Mike.

"Hello Hawkins!" A short girl with black hair said into the microphone. She was wearing a dress similar to the other girl, but black. Her hair was in braids.

Mike recognized her as Rosie Parker, a girl from his school. He had math with her.

"I'm sure you're all ready for our performance," Rosie said.

"Hopefully," another girl said. She was holding a guitar and had long dark red hair and glasses. Mike recognized her as Bella Manson. She was in his english and physics.

The crowd laughed as the rest of the girls set up their instruments. Mike recognized the drummer as Samantha Ross, a girl in his lunch period.

Then there was her. The girl Mike couldn't get his mind off of.

"Alright, well, I think we should introduce ourselves," Rosie said.

"Great idea. I'm Bella," Bella said.

"Samantha. Call me that and die. I go by Sammie," Samant- Sammie said angrily.

"I'm Rosie," Rosie said with a smile.

"And I'm (Y/n)," the mystery girl said. She was holding a (f/c) bass.

(Y/n). I like it, Mike thought.

"Ready?" Rosie asked the other girls, who nodded in response.

(Y/n) started strumming her bass, and Mike could've sworn she winked at him.