Chapter 25

Ellie's POV

"You going to the party Friday night?" Mack asked me as she sat in front of me in math.

"There's a party tomorrow night?" I asked.

"Yeah, Billie didn't tell you yet?" she asked confused and I raised my eyebrows for her to continue "oh this really cute girl... uh Sam! Yeah in homeroom she was talking about the rager Billie's planning to throw and said I was invited"

"Oh is that so?" so Billie has enough time to plan a party but not enough to complete our assignment. Figures.

"I'm surprised she didn't tell you"

"Yeah well I do live with her so me too"

"Live with her?"

"Yeah that's how we met actually, she's my host family"

"And her parents are cool with that?"

"Well we never told them, but her mum knew it apparently" I laughed remembering Thanksgiving. I sent Billie a quick text asking where she was but didn't really expect a reply.

Apparently, Billie went home and sent Fin to come pick me up after school because she had 'things to do'. Yep, planning a party rather than helping me on the assignment! After dropping me off Fin left to go see Claudia so that gave me a free pass to yell at Billie as soon as I walked in.

"BILLIE!"

"KITCHEN!" she yelled back.

"What's this I hear about a party tomorrow night? Girl I swear to god if you've planned a party instead of completing the assignment imma throw hands" I put my hands on my hips, glaring at her.

"Eleanor not now, I'm stressed. Can't you see I'm stress baking right now?"

"Yes I can see, I'm choosing to ignore your dumb ass running around the kitchen with flour and peanut butter on your face"

"I've finished my part of the assignment its printed out and sitting on my desk, hence why I left early today because I knew you'd be anal about it. Exhibit A" she waved her hands in my general direction.

"Well why didn't you just tell me that! And what's got you stressed?" I sat on the counter and grabbed the opened jar of peanut butter and a spoon before eating it.

"E you can't tell anyone! I'm playing around" she started rolling out the cookies.

"I promise I won't" I'm so confused what could be so bad.

"Ok so a music school asked for a song or a demo of me playing the piano because Mrs Carter sent them a video of me singing a song I'm writing and apparently they liked it"

"Billie that's great! What school?" This is great news, I don't understand what's got Billie all stressed. Music is her passion so if a school is asking for a demo then she should be excited.

"Well that's the thing... it's uh- Ju..." she mumbled.

"It's what? Speak up I can't understand you"

"JULLIARD! IT'S JULLIARD" wow "but you can't tell anyone! Not yet"

"Baby come here" pulling her in for a hug I pecked her cheek and pulled away "Billie, this is amazing! Julliard want to here you do what you do best—"

"I'm not too sure they want to hear me piss you off but..." she joked.

"You're right what second best thing you do then. Your music is amazing give yourself more credit, obviously if Julliard want to hear it then they think you're as amazing as I know you are" this made her smile shyly and bury her head into my neck.