Behind The Flashing Lights

MARCH 19, 2022

Venetia Nightingale stands in front of a sea of flashing lights.

Just as her media coach instructed - she smiles, waves, and poses.

Standing slightly to the side of the allotted space on the red carpet are the other VIPs and their tech-savvy assistants, already scouting Getty Images for the most photogenic candids that they can rightfully steal via free watermark generator websites. The A-listers, lining up on the red carpet, awkwardly smile whilst internally counting down the seconds until they get their spotlight moment.

The actress chooses to ignore them, not that anyone notices between the flashes and her charm, and continues to flaunt her custom-made Valentino gown.

"Venetia, move a step closer!"

The screaming middle-aged men become less intimidating when the actress remembers that she'll repost a handful of their work in one hour's time - when all her visible flaws have been heavily filtered and nothing is as it seems. However, that doesn't matter. Nothing matters tonight. Well, nothing but fashion, but she's covered in that department.

Venetia's stylist has completely outdone himself tonight. He took Old Hollywood to a whole next level in her blush pink ballgown, designed especially for her by the label's creative director, Pierpaolo Piccioli, and styled by Law Roach. Her red-carpet gown simply radiates pure romance and movie-star magic. With a strapless bustier bodice that clings to her slender figure perfectly, and a skirt that elegantly flows onto the rouge-coloured carpet. Although the blush-laced gloves were optional - she felt it like a necessity to wear them despite her teams' hesitancy.

What's really made Twitter fall head over heels for her Princess of Tinseltown aesthetic is her cuffed diamond bracelet that sits upon her right wrist, shimmering iridescent beneath the spotlights, and her layered diamond necklace that rests against her chest.

All of the photographers who stand off-centre, or nearer to the back where their zooming abilities are limited, decide to focus on the different parts of her body. While her heels, earrings, sleek honey-coloured hairstyle that's tied back into a loose braid with lovely fringes framing her face, and close-ups of her dress aren't exactly the money-making shots... They're something for the magazines and their Sunday 'best dressed of the week' pieces.

The only thing that catches the starlet's attention is Tom Holland, her ex-boyfriend, and the current boyfriend of the highest-paid television actress

The curly-haired, British actor flashes a friendly-but-exhausted smile, making Venetia sympathetically smile back. She would wave - but the photographers don't deserve to know of their reestablished friendship. Zendaya, his partner, has a borderline psychopathic fandom who is out for blood if any female actresses dare to even look at him.

A middle-aged woman, who's dressed in a ghastly dark-green, sleeved gown, stands to the side of the actress and gestures towards the doors, "If you don't mind."

Venetia does one last gleeful faux laugh for the cameras before departing the red carpet that leads inside to the stage.

After the hours-long award show, and remaining a nominee for the third consecutive year in a row, Venetia collects her goody bag and sneaks out of the backdoor with her team. Instead of going back to her hotel, she joins the after party of her newest film, which didn't have the biggest turn out as planned. Those who did bother to turn up did shots and gave semi-cringe 'all love' speeches. Ironically, they never were as close as they made out in their Instagram posts - just a clever part of a promotion.

Who wants to see a film when the cast has no chemistry off-screen?

After the film's after-party, Venetia gets whisked back to her hotel. Her makeup, hair and wardrobe team fix up her next outfit while she quickly tucks into a Chinese takeaway. Pork chow mien, of course. She sits in front of a vanity set, watching her stylist 'play' around with her long locks.