Chapter 22 (Rewritten)

Your face read dread as you watched Captain Levi walked off to the side. His back facing everyone that might look his way. 

Was he alright? 

How hard did you hit him?

Hopefully not too hard. 

Hange noticed your gaze on Captain Levi, they slightly smiled. 

"Guess the rumors were right. Never seen someone take hits from the tiny captain and still remained on their feet most of the time to fight." Hange jokes, trying to lighten the mood. 

"She just hit the captain!" Oluo shouted. 

"Oluo!!" Petra scolded. 

"Hey, calm down. It was a part of her training. Besides, the captain wanted it to happen." Eld tried to calm the situation down. 

"And she goes scott-free, just like that!?" Oluo asked. 

"Oluo, enough!" Captain's voice boomed out a bit. 

Everyone fell silent as you all turned to Captain Levi. He was still wiping his nose and mouth. He tsked. 

Probably because you dirtied his uniform. 

"Hange, I pushed her for a reason. Even if you don't like it, Commander Erwin gave me specific orders to do what has to be done if she wants to live up to her potential. What we all saw now is that potential we're striving for." Captain explained. 

Hange became angry. 

"But have you forgotten she's still a child!?" Hange asked. 

"So is Yeager but I don't see you jumping to protect him when you want to conduct experiments."

"This is different! Eren could survive injuries like this! Y/n cannot! If she wounds up getting killed, her blood will be on your hands!"

"Why do you think I'm being hard on her now?"

It went quiet. Hange let out a long sigh, trying to calm themselves down. 

"We need to talk, now." They demanded. 

Hange pulled you up. Guess you were including in this talk.

"Fine then." Captain replied. 

"Wait...what's this about? Section Commander, why are you--?" 

"She'll be fine Yeager. Focus on yourself for right now. If you want L/n to become strong, she's going to need to deal with this herself."

"..." Eren went quiet, he knew he was right. 

Hange pulled you along while Captain followed, you looked back at everyone else. 

You didn't need your heightened senses to know that they were fearful of you. 

~~~~~~

"Ah--!" You let out a yelp and hissed. 

"Sorry, sorry. Are you okay?" Hange asked. 

You were currently having your wounds tended while Captain watched from the sidelines. 

You nodded weakly, avoiding eye contact. 

It went quiet again, then tension becoming thick. 

"(・・;)..." You sweat dropped. Was this a good idea?

You noticed Levi's hard stare at you as he took off his jacket, dusting it off. 

"Ah! This isn't! He's looks mad! I did mess up his uniform!(ΩДΩ)" You thought.