Chapter 7: New Love

Even though there was some objections, some arguments, and some disapproval's, but Hermione didn't listen. She needed somebody to understand her, to comfort her, and to be there for her, and not to worry about him complaining that if his parents find out he'll be disowned. Even though he was two years ahead of her, they still held hands walking to and from meals, always sat next to him, and always cheered him up when he had a bad quidditch practice, or lost a game. Always.

"Will you stop it Fred? I told you I wont say it, and you can't make me!" She protested for the hundredth time that day. "Hermione, i've known you since your first year here. You've known the Wesley's since then. More importantly, you've known me since then. And if you know anything about me, you know that one way or another, I WILL make you say it."

"Freddie!" Hermione whined. She didn't wanna say that in front of all her friends. especially in front of draco, who was two tables away. She looked over her shoulder at him. was he.... flirting? With Pansy? why is he with her? Hermione, snap out of it! he's not your's anymore. he's obviously moved on. You have, too. You have fred now. And he's much better than that little ball of shit. 

As she was lost in thought, Fred was looking at her, puzzled. He looked in the direction Hermione was looking in, and then he saw it. She was looking at Draco, who was flirting with another girl. What if she still has feelings for him? No, I asked her that already, and she said no.

-Flashback-

"Hermione, I need to ask you a serious question." Fred said to her one night, after everyone was gone to bed, and they we're the only one's left in the common room, in front of the fire.

"You? Serious? Don't be daft, your never serious!" Hermione had said with a bit of shock in her voice. 

"Do you still have feelings for Draco?" Hermione looked at him shocked. "I guess you are being serious if you want to talk about that.  No, I don't have feelings for Draco anymore."

"Hermione, I don't believe your being serious. Look me dead in the eyes and tell me that you dont have feelings for him anymore." Her dark brown eyes met his honey colored eyes, and said with the most truth she could put into it "I don't have feelings for him anymore. Goodnight Fred." The she went up to her dormitory, leaving Fred alone to ponder if what she said really was the truth. 

"Hermione? Fred? Earth to lovebirds??" George said as he tried to get them to come back. The had look over at the Slytherin table and hadn't looked back for about 15 minutes. "Sorry guys, but I have to do this." George too two empty plates, put the plates between Hermione and Fred, and crashed the plate's together as loud as he could, which made the whole hall go silent, looking for who did it. As soon as everybody went back to what they we're doing, Hermione and Fred whapped George over the backside of the head. "Are you mad? That was so loud the whole world could hear it!!" 

"Oh... err.... Hey fred we better get going, we have Transfiguration, and you know how mcgonagall feels about us being late for class."

"Dammit, George you're right! Sorry, Hermy, gotta go. See you at lunch." He collected his books, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, and ran with George to his first class of the day. 

"Oh boys." Hermione said to herself as they ran off. Then she returned to her breakfast to finish up and head to Charms. 

"Fred, somethings up. Your not answering my banter attempts, your spacing out. What's happened to my brother?" Fred, yet again had spaced out. "Huh, sorry, what?" George shook his head. "Why do you continue to space out on m- ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" George was getting fed up.