15.

I'm thankful for the aspirin I took last night, when I wake up in the morning

I'm thankful for the aspirin I took last night, when I wake up in the morning. I was able to get a good amount of sleep during the night. 

When I wake up, I barely have a headache. I feel around the bed sleepily, and, to my surprise, the bed isn't empty this morning. Jace is still sleeping beside me peacefully. I take a closer look at him and my heart flutters. How can he be this handsome, even in the morning while he's still asleep?

I wonder if I got a good amount of sleep because Jace made me feel so safe last night. Maybe it wasn't the aspirin after all. 

His back is facing me, and I can't help but let my finger wander over his back slightly. I don't want to wake him, I just want to make sure this moment is real. 

When I decide to stop staring, I grab my phone to check instagram for a while. When the clock on my phone hits 10 am, I feel like I can't lay still any longer. I decide to get up and make us some breakfast. It would only be fair, since Jace took care of us last time.

I pull the covers off of me gently, careful not to wake him in the process. Heading over to the kitchen, I don't make an effort to put on pants, I stay dressed in Jace's oversized t-shirt from last night. 

Opening the fridge, I see that there's barely anything inside. That's probably why Jace went out to get some food last weekend. I spot a carton of eggs in the back, so I grab it and decide to scramble them for us.

I don't know how I feel about talking to Jace when he's up. Every time we have our intense talks I'm drunk, except for that time in the café or when he was at my place. He's always sober of course, and that doesn't make the situation better for me. I'm still extremely embarrassed for last night and I really hope Jace isn't going to make any jokes, or talk about it at all.

I crack the eggs, scramble them quietly and then put them in a pan that I found in one of the cabins. Jace's kitchen is really beautiful, I'd love to have one like this one day. He has white cabinets with a wooden counter top in a very simple style. Gorgeous. 

I try to be as quiet as possible, but I know putting the eggs in the pan is going to be loud. 

Soon enough, I hear "What are you doing?" from Jace. 

I slowly turn around and see that he's sitting up in bed, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm making breakfast" I say a little unsure, as I turn to him. "I hope that's okay."

With that Jace gets up from the bed, yawns and then comes over to give me a casual kiss on the head. I stare at him intensely. The sight of him in his tight boxers makes my cheeks heat up instantly. Jace smirks at my reaction.

"That's fine, as long as you promise to come back to bed after" he says, leaving to go to the bathroom. 

I smile to myself, feeling silly as I think about him. I hear the toilet flush, the water in the sink running, and seconds after Jace comes back into the kitchen.