Epilogue

Xavier's POV

It's been a month since we started dating and it's been the most satisfied I have ever felt. It felt weird to be with someone in the start after being a single father for three years but Hazel made it easy. She changed the 'weird' into 'wonderfully weird'.

And now, we were going to take a big step today. She was moving in with me so that we could live together, like a family. She spent half of the month in my house and the rest of the nights, I kept missing her. So I asked her to move in with me yesterday and surprisingly, she agreed.

And before doing that, I'll have to tell Jade about this. She loves Hazel but she is still a kid and I just hope she doesn't feel like Hazel's presence would affect my relationship with her in any way.

"Yes, Dada." Cecilia brought her to my room after her playtime.

"Jade," I patted on the bed and she hopped on that place. "There is something I needed to tell you."

"What?" she asked, staring at me with her big eyes.

"How would you feel if Hazel starts living with us?" I asked.

Her grin widened and she exclaimed, "I will be very happy, Dada." Her sentence formation had improved a lot, all thanks to Hazel's lessons.

"Great, she is going to live with us from now onwards." I said and bent down to give her a peck.

"Yay." She clapped in excitement but then her expressions changed, as if she was thinking something. "Dada, is Hazel my new mommy?" she asked innocently.

I tried to think of an appropriate response but failed because I didn't want to give her any false hope. It would be a lie if I say that thought didn't cross my mind but right now, it was too soon. I wanted to let things complete their natural course, instead of taking any rash decision that would upset our relationship.

"Not yet, Jade." I informed her and she pouted. "She is just coming to live with us for now. But maybe in the future."

"Oh," she whispered.

After she left, I dialed Hazel's number to inform her about Jade's excitement on her moving in.

...

It was about 6 in the afternoon. I hired some men to help move her stuff to my house. She didn't move much of her stuff, except her study table, her books, her clothes and some other accessories like shoes, handbags, jewelry.

Right now, she was arranging her clothes in my closet--- our closet with the help of Cecilia.

After making a cup of coffee for myself and her, I made my way towards my room--- our room.

Stopping at the door-frame, a smile made its way to my lips as I watched her fill the walk in closet with her girly clothes and fancy sandals.

The door to closet was opened and she was sitting on the floor, doing something with her jewelry. I motioned Cecilia to leave and after she left, I closed the door and placed the cup on the night stand silently.

She hadn't noticed my presence so I tiptoed towards her and bent down behind her sitting figure.

Her hair was pulled up in a knot over her head and she was wearing an off-the-shoulder top. Leaning forwards, I supported my chin on her shoulder.

She gasped in fear and jumped up in her seat but when she realized it was me, she gave me a hard glare for scaring her.

"How does it look?" Ignoring my action, she asked about the newly arranged closet where everything was neatly arranged.