Chapter Thirty (Completed)

Nates hand flung out, grabbing me roughly by my hair causing a loud screech to exit my mouth. My hands instantly flew up to his grip, trying to pry his hands off. He kept the tight grip while his other hand covered my mouth, muting my screams.

I clawed at his throat, my nails digging in deeply at the sensitive skin and he growled lowly at me, pulling me backwards as he dragged me across the woods towards the back of a warehouse.

My legs were buckling from beneath me; I moved my hand back to my hair where his hands were, trying to loosen the tight hold he had while my other stayed on my stomach. Nate could not find out about my pregnancy, if he did, we would be in mortal danger.

As we grew closer to the warehouse, he shuffled himself, so his arm was around my neck, his arms crushing my throat making it difficult to catch a breath. He held me hostage as he yanked the back door open to the warehouse.

"Nate," I croaked, my breathing hard and low from his crushing grasp. "I can't breathe." Tears were pricking in the corners of my eyes; Nate's hold was making it difficult for me to think or see straight.

He ignored my pleads as he pulled me down a narrowed hallway, entering a code into a steel door. Once the door closed, he let go, pushing me roughly as we walked down a set of stairs that led to a dark basement.

No lights were on as I gripped the walls of the stairs case, attempting to be careful as to not fall down a full flight of stairs. I could make out a cage, my eyes glitching as they attempted to night vision.

I felt a shiver run down my spine as Nate shoved me into the cage, the harsh sound of the solid metal door slamming as he locked it behind him. I had lost my balance from the movement and my hands instantly flew out to catch myself before falling onto my stomach.

My hands landed onto a cold wall, it felt gritty, the stone rough against my fingers.

"Mommy?"

My daughters voice immediately gave me a scent of relief, knowing she was alive. I looked up, to see her hiding in the corner of the cell. She was curled up, her arms holding her legs up.

She was wearing a dark coloured tracksuit with only a pair of dirty socks on. I wanted to cry from the look she held on her face, she looked terrified, too frightened to approach me as she stayed hidden within the corner.

I rushed towards her, my arms immediately pulling her body to mine, refusing to let her go, afraid she would be taken from me again. She tucked her head into my chest, and I rocked us both back and forth, placing my head on top of her as we both cried.

We stayed in that position for a while and it wasn't until I pulled back to check her for any injuries did, I feel my body shake from the damage that had been caused to my child's face.

A long-narrowed scar ran across her face, from beneath her eye to the top of her lip.

My chest constricted, my heart pounding at the thought of my daughter being tortured. That someone could cause harm to a four-year-old child. My wolf was viciously growling, practically clawing on the inside, begging to be allowed out.

It was permeant and was made by using a silver knife. Silver is highly dangerous to werewolves, it burns through our skin and can stop us from communicating with our pack and shifting into our wolf, essentially making us human.

Even for a werewolf who had not yet shifted, it would affect their skin the same. Leaving any marks permanent.

It must have been agonising and unbearable for her. I continued to scan over my daughter's body for any other signs of abuse or mutilation. My stomach churned at the sight of bruising, deep purple and blue marks that laid upon her skin. It me feel literally sick, my stomach contents wanting to spill.