Chapter 21

Evie's POV

"I really don't know what you see in him."

Keisha and I are sitting in the cafeteria for lunch. The November weather is starting to kick in and since everyone is hiding from the cold, the noise level in here is ridiculous.

"You just gotta get to know him." I scoop up another bite of the school enchiladas. They're not bad but I have a craving for Tony's cooking. He's such a good cook and his Mexican food makes this taste like crap.

"Oh, I know him well enough."

I roll my eyes. "Why don't you come with me and Tony after school? We're going to get some hot chocolate at that little place down the street."

"Hot chocolate place? Are you serious?"

"Yeah," I respond. "Tony likes finding little hole in the wall places like that. It'll be fun and you can get to know him some more."

"You payin?"

I roll my eyes. So much attitude with this girl. "Sure."

"Sounds good." She picks up her sandwich and keeps eating.

"This place ain't half bad," Keisha says while looking around at the walls. One wall is painted with the chocolate making process and the others have pictures of people who gave visited the cafe throughout the years. It feels so homey.

"Where's Tony?" Keisha asks when we get in line to order our drinks.

"I dunno." I fish around my bag and finally pull out my wallet.

Keisha orders the drink of the day, a white hot chocolate with a caramel laced whipped cream. And I get a classic hot chocolate.

"Your total will be $5.33," a kid behind the counter says. He looks really familiar. I think he goes to my school.

"Mkay," I murmur, opening up my wallet. I take out a five and lay it on the counter. "And 33 cents you said?"

This kid nods and I look for coins.

"I got it negrita." I turn around to see Tony walking up to me.

"Hey." I smile and kiss him chastely on the cheek he smiles then freezes when he sees Keisha.

The tension between the two of them is ridiculous.

I finally clear my throat. "Tony, this is Keisha. Keisha, Tony."

Tony smirks a little at Keisha and she glares back.

"Are you guys ready or not?" the kid behind the counter asks.

"Oh yeah." Tony snaps back to reality. "Can I get your toffee hot chocolate?"

"$7.46 for all three." This cashier is so annoyed with us.

Tony takes my five off the counter, hands it back to me then produces a crisp 10 dollar bill.

"Keep the change." He smiles at the kid and for the first time, the kid smiles.

We find a table near the back and wait for our drinks. Tony and I sit next to each other and Keisha sits across from me.

Tony pulls out his phone and texts furiously then puts it away and turns to smile at me.

"So." He smirks.

"So. Do you guys already know each other?" I motion towards him and Keisha.

"Kinda. Partied with the same people before." Tony smirks at Keisha and she glares at him.