I Wanna Be Loved

Thank you for all the reviews/votes! This got all the way up to ranked number 5 in Sabrina Carpenter! I think that's the highest ranking I've had! Thanks again! It's been 3 years since Sabrina released her best album so far. It has the song "Run and Hide" on it which this book is named after and lyrics from the song are the chapters titles so go listen to EVOLUtion today because it is one of the best albums ever!!!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

I Wanna Be Loved

"Maya! Josh!"

Both walked out of their rooms at the same time and looked over at each other with concern looks.

"What's going on?" Josh asked, softly as he walked over to Maya.

"I don't know," Maya breathed out looking at Josh with worried eyes.

"Do you think they know about us?"

Maya bit her bottom lip as fear ran through her entire body at the thought of losing Josh. She shrugged, praying her parents were still in the dark about the two. She wasn't ready to give Josh up. They were just getting started.

"How would they even know?"

Maya shook her head as her mind raced, trying to think of anything that would give them away. "I have no clue."

Josh stopped her before the two were in her parents' eyesight. He used her chin to guide his mouth to hers for a soft kiss.

Maya gave him a small smile, as their eyes spoke to each other before going to face her parents.

The two walked down the stairs and into the kitchen surprised to find her parents getting ready to walk out the door with Shawn carrying their overnight bags while Katy was grabbing some snacks and drinks for the two.

"There you two are. It took you two long enough. Shawn got called for last minute out of town for a job and I'm going with him. We won't be back until late tomorrow night. You two are expected to get up and go to school as normal. No skipping. We will know."

Both Maya and Josh closed her eyes relieved for a moment before looking at each other.

Shawn stared at the two teens in front of him. "You two going to be okay on your own again?"

Maya glanced at Josh before looking over at her step-father. "Yeah," she answered. "You two left us alone for a weekend. One school night is nothing. We will be fine."

Shawn slowly nodded, his eyes never leaving the two teens in front of him.

"We should get going. It's already getting late," Katy interrupted. "Here is some money for pizza and there is still leftovers in refrigerator from last night's dinner. We will be back late tomorrow night."

Maya nodded, as she took the cash and followed behind her parents to say goodbye.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya and Josh both stood there watching her parents' car pull away and out of sight. Josh looked up at the sky as he felt raindrops start to hit the top of his head. "We should go inside before it starts pouring."

Maya shook her head, giving him a look.

Josh raised his eyebrows, "No? But it's already starting to rain," he complained as he pointed up to the sky.

Maya smiled, grabbing Josh's hand and pulling him in the direction of her backyard. "Come on, I have to show you something."

"In your backyard?" he questioned.