||3.||

•||Ch3: Get Together||•

||Saim POV||

"Ammi!"

I hugged my eldest grandmother, my father's mother and my grandfather's first wife.

"Saim. My little baby. When did you arrive?" She asked me with my face in her hand and kissed my forehead.

"It's been a week. I came to give you all a surprise visit," I told her and held her hands.

She went to umrah with grandfather and his second wife and today they all returned.

"You have grown up so handsomely," She whispered with tears in her eyes.

"Aren't you going to greet your grandfather, Saim?" I heard my grandfather's voice from behind us.

I turned around and looked at my grandfather and his second wife who was standing beside him. I greeted both of them with a smile and hug and congratulated them for their umrah.

I held my Ammi's hand and took her inside. In my family, after my mother, I was close to my Ammi. In this whole world, only these two ladies loved me so much.

We all sat in the living room.

"For how long will you stay?" Grandfather asked me.

"Few months. Later I will visit regularly," I answered him.

"That's good. I'll make my grandson's favorite dishes. Tell your Ammi whatever you want to eat," Ammi told me, rubbing my head.

• • •

My grandfather and grandmother, his second wife, went to their own home and my Ammi went to her room.

Grandfather and grandmother lived separately and my Ammi lived here with my parents.

I also went in my room and checked my mail, working online then video called Vivian to talk about work related stuff.

.........

"Working alone here, without you is not fun, bro. Come back quickly so I can take a month's vacation too and leave all this work for you to do alone, without me."

He said, jokingly after we talked about our work.

.........

"For this you have to wait a few months," I told him with a smile.

.........

"I know."

He said with a sigh.

There was a knock on the door that sounded on his side.

"I'll talk to you later, Saim. I have mailed you the documents. Look and see if there's any problem."

.........

We both bid bye to each other then hung up the phone.

I checked my mail and looked at the documents. I spent two more hours working online then got ready because I made an appointment with Mohsin.