16.

The car ride to the mystery destination is silent

The car ride to the mystery destination is silent. I've tried multiple times to make Jace tell me where we're going, but he refuses. 

My anxiety is getting the better of me, and I can't stop bouncing my leg up and down. My throat feels a little tight, but it's not too bad. Yet.

"Mila" Jace says, and puts his hand on my leg to make it stop moving. "Stop, you're making me crazy."

"Sorry, but it's your fault really. Just tell me where we're going?" I say, trying one last time.

 Suddenly the car stops, as Jace has parked.

"See for yourself, we're here" he says, grinning at me from one ear to the other. 

He points behind me out the car window, and I slowly turn around. I read the sign carefully. There it is, in bright red colors.

Tattoo parlor. It all dawns on me. I told him I always wanted to get a tattoo, but was too scared to. My eyes go wide. No way he wants me to get one today.

Before I can say anything, Jace already opens my car door from the outside. 

"No way. You're kidding" I say, looking at him in disbelief. 

He laughs at me.

"I'm not. You said you wanted one, so I got you the best artist there is, who does all of my tattoos too. He has a free slot now, only now" he says, and grabs my hand to pull me inside.

"I can't do this, Jace. Do you know what kind of a life decision this is?" I say with a little anger, stopping in my tracks.

"Life decision?" Jace laughs loud. "It's just a tattoo. At least have a look inside" he says and continues to pull me. 

With every step, my legs go a little weaker and my hands start to shake slightly. Shit. Am I really going to do this?

"Hey man, how's it going?" Jace greets the man behind the counter.

"Good man, good" he answers as they shake hands.

"This is Mila, your client for today" Jace introduces me. 

I can only bring out a little smile as I shake his hand too.

"First time, huh?" the guy asks me, laughing a little at my mixed emotions.

"Yeah" I say, a little uneasy.

"I'll give you guys some time to figure out what she wants, here's some examples" he says and is off, to see another client probably.

"I don't know about this" I say, as my throat gets tighter and tighter.

"Come on, just have a look and see what you like" he says, opening the book for me. 

The truth is I know exactly what I want, but I don't know if I can get through with it.

Thoughts are running through my head. This is going to be on you forever Mila. It probably going to hurt a lot. You might faint because the pain is too much.