22) Daydream

"C'mon! Hurry!" Varian chuckled as he dragged (y/n) behind him.

"Where are we going?" She ran after him, smiling widely.

"You have to wait!" He helped her trudge up the tall hill. Once they got to the top, he held her hand tightly. The wind kissed their faces, causing (y/n) to shiver.

"Why are we up here?" She looked at him confused.

"Because of that." He pointed to sun, which was slowly going down causing a rosey pink sky with strokes of pastel. She lightly gasped.

"Varian, it's beautiful." She said breathlessly.

"And it's only gonna get better. (Y/N)," he started. She faced him and he put her hands in between his. "I absolutely adore you and we've been best friends for 12 years and lovers for more. Even though we've um... *ahem*... multiple times, I still get butterflies everytime you smile at me. A-and this may sound rehearsed... A-and that's because it is." (Y/n) chuckled and he laughed with her.

"But it's for good reason.", He stated before getting on one knee. (Y/N) felt a rush of emotions and tears in her eyes. She covered her mouth and gasped.

"(Y/n) (l/n), will you make me the happiest man alive and... Become my wife?"

She tried to gulp down the lump in her throat to speak, but could only nod. He pulled out a small box from his front pocket. He opened the box and slid on the ring. The gem was a perfect cut, quite obviously homemade, yet still beautiful and perfect. (Y/n) giggled and tackled him onto the ground playfully, kissing him all over.

"Calm down, Starlight!" He chuckled as she went down into the crook of his neck and kissed him. She then looked at him with tears on her cheeks. He wiped them with his thumb and kissed her cheek.

"I love you so much, (y/n)."
---
"I love you too, Var~" she said dreamily.

"(Y/N)!!" She was snapped out of her thoughts.

"Are you good?" Varian had asked. She sighed.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." She rested her head on her fist.

"Can you hand me the wrench?" He said, not looking away from his project. She sighed and grabbed the wrench and gave it to him. "Thanks, you're the best." He winked playfully. She gave a half smile.

"Yeah. The best."

~~~

Finally not another gypsy au