Veston- Silencieux Part 2

Vikk's P.O.V.

I sighed deep in the back of my throat, barely making a sound. I couldn't make sounds anyway but that was besides the point- I was tired and simply wanted to go to bed. But I had a video to finish and edit and my voice actor, the person I trusted with basically my entire career, was a little late with the latest files and I was getting stressed because I needed to get one up.

Preston was somewhere downstairs, probably watching some anime on the couch and although he had asked me to come down almost an hour earlier to spend some time with him, I hadn't as of yet. I had work to do and I didn't have the time to relax just yet, not until my next video was edited and another one was up. I tapped my fingers on the desk, barely able to sit still.

It was a flood of relief when the files from my voice actor finally came through and I was able to insert them into my video in a little under half an hour, immediately setting one video to upload and stashing that one in my files to be uploaded the next day.

Finally, I was done, and I slammed my forehead into my desk, internally groaning. As much as I was glad I was done and the exhaustion just completely took over, faceplanting into the wood and lying there until I heard my office door open. Preston stepped in but I barely acknowledged him, still lying on my desk.

"Come on Vikky, bed time I think." He whispered and although I tried to get him to go away, playfully hitting him and whining deep in the back of my throat. As much as I was tired I still had stuff to do, but I was too tired to protest.

Preston scooped me up into his arms and carried me down to my bedroom, the one I was sharing with Lachlan because it was only a three bedroom place and we couldn't get anything more close to the ski fields. Lachlan currently wasn't there, he was actually sleeping in Rob's room, probably on Rob's bed. Mitch and Jerome were sleeping too, so we were the only ones up.

When Preston tucked me into bed and turned to leave I let out a panicked noise in my throat, reaching up for him. I didn't want him to go, I wouldn't be able to sleep without him.

"Do you want me to stay?" I nodded, grabbing at him. "Alright, give me a moment and I'll shut everything off downstairs and tell Rob that Lachy's with him tonight."

I nodded and cuddled myself down under the blankets, listening to Preston go up and down the stairs, and then the soft buzz of his voice and then Rob's in the next room. Preston came back to me laughing a little and I signed curiously, wanting to know what was funny.

"Sorry, Rob was complaining about Lachlan squishing him." He giggled. "He was sleeping on top of him and he had pins and needles in his legs."

I grinned widely, smiling at the thought of it, but I was more thinking about cuddling with Preston. He clambered into the bed beside me and I latched myself to him almost at once, refusing to even let him get settled because I just wanted to cuddle him. Preston laughed again.

"Alright, I get it, you want cuddles." He whispered, finally settling down.

It didn't take long for me to fall into a comfortable sleep.

--------------------------------------------------

The bed was empty when I woke up the next morning but Preston's side of the bed was still warm. He hadn't left that long ago. With a yawn I slipped from the bed and padded down the stairs, where I was greeted by two boys buried in strong smelling cups of coffee. Rob was facing away from me but Preston gave me a wave in greeting, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Do you want some coffee?"

"Yes please." I signed, wrapping my arms around his waist. "That would be great."

Rob smiled at me from over the rim of his coffee, giving me an exhausted smile. He looked just flat out exhausted, barely stopping himself from falling onto the bench and passing out.

"You sleep alright?" I signed, curiously. "You look tired."

"Lachy was up and down all night." He sighed, groaning a little as well. "He's asleep now thank god but I can't sleep even though I only got a few hours."

"Why?"

"Nightmares, the usual. He'll probably sleep a few more hours." I nodded and took the drink Preston offered me, sipping on the life saving coffee.

"Thanks Pressy." I signed, leaning up against said boy. "This is great."

There was silence for quite a while as we sipped at our drinks, my legs dangling off the barstool. Rob perked up after a little while as the coffee hit him, as did Preston, and eventually the three remaining boys emerged from their bedrooms, all looking dead on their feet.

I could see what Rob meant by Lachlan had been up and down all night, he had bags under his eyes and he stumbled as he fell into the chair beside Rob. They whispered together for quite a while but once Lachlan had some coffee he began to look a little more awake. Mitch and Jerome were clinging to each other, both looking exhausted too.

With a sigh I closed my eyes and leaned back in my chair, Preston's hand sneaking into mine.

"Right Vikky?" I nodded, smiling a little.

"Just tired." I signed, not elaborating further.

"As everyone is."

"Yeah."

I didn't take long for everyone to settle back into a quiet routine for the day, too tired to actually do any work. No one recorded or edited anything, we just lay around the living room watching movies, playing on our phones or just lying next to our partners. I was lying pretty much on top of Preston, whose arms were around my waist.

"Right down there?" He mumbled, blinking softly. I nodded, raising my hands so he could see what I was signing.

"Fine, still tired though." Preston chuckled a little, his grip tightening.

"Alright." He whispered, quickly glancing over at the other boys. They were all asleep. "I love you silencieux."

"Love you too Pressy." I signed back, smiling, before settling down in his arms. I love you too.