25. Cloudy

"You're not going anywhere, Ace," I said as I grabbed onto his arm, stopping him from leaving.

At this point, I realized how completely cliche and embarrassing I was acting, but I didn't care. The only thing that mattered right now was Ace.

While I held onto Ace's hand, he didn't struggle. In fact, he just stood there while barely moving an inch.

"I'm being serious. What were you trying to say?! Just tell me!" I yelled at him.

He turned his body to face mine.

"...Cordelia...Everything we've been through together...And...You...Just..." Ace murmured with an air of disbelief.

"I don't understand why you're so mad at me!" I said with annoyance. 

I couldn't comprehend what he was trying to say.

"First, you disappear. Then, I sense an explosion within the capital. And when you finally call for me...I see you hurt...and...!" Ace said almost with desperation.

"So what...? I don't see the problem. As long as I'm alive, everything is okay," I muttered with complete defiance.

For a moment, I think Ace's eyes changed.

His eyes only changed for a brief moment and it was barely noticeable.

...But I was 100% sure...that his bright emerald green eyes flashed a deep ruby red.

It sent shivers down my spine.

Rarely...have I ever witnessed Ace become so mad before.

I braced myself for the worst...but nothing happened.

Instead, I looked up to see Ace with a small tear rolling down his face.

...Was he...crying...?

How did he have such a fast mood swing...? Wasn't he just mad earlier?! He isn't going through puberty yet...right?! ...Wait...do dragons even go through puberty?!

...I've never seen Ace cry...So forgive me if I'm not reacting to his crying normally, okay?

...But...The only thing I can say about them...that...most people can agree with...is...that...A boy's tears...they're almost magical...They were too pure and beautiful for a dark soul like mine...

I have never seen anything as beautiful as the tears of a boy my age before.

"A-Ace...? Ace are you okay?!" I said as I ran over to him and placed my two hands on his face.

"I'm scared, Cordelia...What if....." Ace murmured quietly.

"What are you talking about, Ace?" I questioned him.

Why was he crying???

"I-I..." he struggled to get his words out.

"What! Just tell me already, idiot! I want to make you feel better, stupid. So, just tell me!!" I snapped at him.

I was genuinely worried about him.

".........What if one day...you get hurt...and there's nothing I can do to save you...? What if one day, you disappear forever? What if you become permanently injured and can't even manage to smile anymore...?"

"That isn't going to happen, Ace."

"But what if it does!?!? What will I do if it does?!?! I'm much weaker than you think I am, Cordelia. Without you...I don't even know where I would be now..."

"Even without me, I'm sure you woul-"

"Without you, I would be dead."

"You're over exaggerating. I know I saved you when we were little...but to be completely honest...I think you would still have survived even without me..."