Chapter 14

Edited

"I'm not justifying his wrong doings," Charles told me. "I'm telling you what I saw. I'm not making you forgive him or telling you to either."

I shrugged, "Yeah. You're right. I saw it too but as soon as it was there, it was gone," I said.

"He is pretty good at masking his feelings. I'm sure he is regretting everything right now," Ace assured me.

"Besides, he can't keep the pack from their Luna," said Charles. "We will help you get Orion to understand what he is doing, not only to himself but to the whole pack," He continued.

"What if he doesn't ever understand?" I asked, sounding kind of desperate.

"We will convince h-" before Ace could finish, the sound of the doorknob turning cut him off.

"Convince who of what?" Orion asked as he walked in. His gaze landed on me and his expression was replaced with a scowl.

"Oh," He said, sounding disgusted. "I don't know why you keep trying. I already told you," He said, making his way to his chair and sitting down.

"Don't think I'm doing this for you," I fired back, letting my pain and anger get the best of me. Orion growled at my lack of respect but I didn't care.

"Let me remind you. As long as you are on my territory, you will respect me," He said through clenched teeth.

"I'm only giving you the respect I recieve," I said. "Like I said, I'm not doing this for your or my benefit. I'm doing it because your pack needs someone to help you lead. They need a Luna and I am the future Luna whether you like it or not," I said. Orion wasn't taking it very well.

"What difference will you make huh? If anything, you'd help bring us down." He seethed. I looked over to Ace and Charles and they looked upset. I mean, who wouldn't be in this situation.

I crossed my arms. "Really?" I asked. "You haven't even given me a chance to prove myself useful and a good leader. I am the daughter of an alpha for crying out loud! Have you ever thought that I have had to fill in for my father when he couldn't be there for the pack?" He opened his mouth to say something but I didn't let him.

"Exactly, you haven't. All I ask is for one chance, one chance, Orion. That's all I want," I started, tears in my eyes.

"No," He stated instantly.

"Orion," Charles started but Orion gave him a glare which made him back down slightly.

"You should tell her," Ace continued for Charles.

"No!" Orion snapped.

"Tell me what?" I pipped in.

"She doesn't need to know anything." Orion glared at Ace this time.

*

Orion's POV

Flashbacks of the horrid event flashed through my thoughts as Ace reminded me of the day I would never forget.

I was twelve when my parents were brutally murdered by someone like Rayna.

She is a sacred wolf. I had figured it out last night while reading a book about rare wolves.

"She doesn't need to know anything." I glared at Ace. After I said that. Another mind wrenching flashback took over my thoughts.

Flashback

I was in my room reading silently when I heard someone scream bloody murder. I immediately got to my feet and ran out my bedroom door to go investigate. My eyes widened at the situation that was going on. It was chaos. Everyone was running around screaming their heads off. Soldiers were outside of the pack house fighting off wolves. They were all rogues but one of them didn't seem like a rogue. It had white fur and was taking down about 7 soldiers at a time. It looked incredibly powerful.

I was terrified, out of my mind. I went back inside the pack house to help the children hide. I hid them all in the very top floor of the pack house which was full of safe rooms. My parents had always told me to hide in there if there was an emergency. Then it hit me.

My parents and Olivia.

I had to find Olivia first. She was only 9 years old. I ran down stairs after situating all the children into the safe rooms. Luckily, I found Olivia hiding behind one of the couches. She was balling her eyes out, saying that she wanted to go with "mama and papa".

I grabbed Olivia and took her back upstairs before locking her in the safe room with all the other kids.

I then ran back down stairs and outside to meet the evil eyes of the white wolf. He was in his human form. My father was in his wolf form in between the white wolf and my mother who I was assuming my father was protecting. The white wolf turned to me and a wicked grin spread across his stupid face. My father turned to me and his eyes widened.

"Orion go!" He yelled at me but my legs were glued to the ground. I wouldn't move for the life of me.

"I can't leave you here!" I yelled back, tears were streaming down my face as well as my parents faces.

"We will be fine just go and keep your sister safe!" He yelled.

"Will you really be okay?" The guy asked with a snicker. Both my parents and I snapped our heads in the guys direction only for my parents to be met with a lightning bolt emerging from the wolfs palm. I had to watch as they shook from the electricity coursing through their veins.

"NO!" I screamed and started running towards my parents. The wolf then turned to me. He was about to shock me too but he was too late as I heard a snap come from him and his body fell to the ground. My uncle stood where the wolf once was.

I didn't think to do anything else but to run to my parents. I shivered and fell to my knees as I saw the sight before me. My parents were unidentifiable. Their faces were deformed and their bodies were scorched.

End flashback
______________________________________

How was this one?

I honestly have chills after writing this.

Now you know about Orion's past.

I don't really care though. I still hate him even though I wrote him that way.

I need questions!! You guys should ask me some questions for the Q&A.

We are getting close to 1k views and it's exciting. I'm super excited!!

Fun fact: I cannot write if I'm not in the mood for writing. That's why I dont have an uploading schedule. I can only write when I am in a good mood.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.