Anderson Tech

Its been 1 year since the accident

Its been 1 year since the accident. 1. whole. Year.

It was honestly difficult in the beginning......It still is.

Ace has been gone for 1 whole year. I somehow just, took over his life. It's so weird. I still feel weird about it!

Molly has been a big support in my life. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't know what to do. I started to finally use Ace's things. I would drive his cars to and from work since Gary had left. Then, I started getting called down to his company to sign off on a few deals now that everything was put under my name. I wasn't really sure about what to do at first, I mean, running a tech business is sort of not what I do. I'm a nurse. Not a fricken CEO!

But, the guy Ace had put in charge, David Zay would walk me through what they were planning on doing, which helped me better understand the business. They had to run things through me first before proceeding to a business deal so I was being called there very often. The company was huge! I still remember the day I walked into Ace's old office back at the company.

It was 5 months after he had passed away. I was driving home from the hospital when I received a call from David. It was the 1st time he had contacted me after the accident.

"Hello?" I answered

"Mrs. Anderson? My name is David Zay, I am the current head of directors at Anderson Tech. How are you doing?" he answers

"Oh, Hi David. Um, I'm alright. How are you?" I ask

"I'm glad to hear your good, I understand that this is still a difficult time for you but I was wondering if you can come down to the office and sign a few papers for a new business deal. If you can stop by, I'll be able to explain to you more in detail," he says

I didn't think I was ever going to go to Ace's company. What was I to do there?

"Mrs. Anderson?" I hear David say through the phone

I must have zoned out

"Oh, um sure. I'll come now, thanks" I say and quickly hang up.

Alrighty then...

I enter the company name in the car's navigator and the address pops up.

To my surprise, the company was all the way downtown. So I had to drive back up to the city which is great, especially during rush hour. I stop right in front of the building. I wasn't sure where to park but luckily, there was a man waiting at the front with a sign that read 'valet'.

I park my car on the curb and the valet man walks towards me

"Mrs. Anderson? Welcome to Anderson Tech," he says

Um... how did he know who I was?

I exit the car and he takes my keys to park the car. I walk to the front of the building and enter through the doors.

Right away, I am in awe. What a beautiful building it was. It honestly, looked like Ace's style. Grey and white tiles with a hint of black accents here and there. Very spacious and modern but still elegant. Like is home...which is now my home...MY home...

I'm snapped out of my gaze by another man who is approaching me.

"Mrs. Anderson! How lovely it is to meet you!" a man who looked my age, with black hair says walking up to me.

Again, how do these people know who I am? I legit have never been here.

I smile at him as he walks over sticking out his hand, he says "I'm David Zay, we spoke on the phone earlier. Welcome to Anderson Tech."

"Oh, Mr. Zay, It's great to meet you in person!" I say shaking his hand.

After a bit of getting to know each other, he walks me over to the elevator and up to one of the many floors this company had. We somehow end up in a board room with other employees who David introduces as the board of directors. They all shake my hand and are so happy to see me.

If only they knew that Ace and I weren't actually 'married'. I mean, we were married. But it wasn't, like 'married'. You know what I mean.

David then starts a presentation of this upcoming project they have put together and walked me through their plan. After agreeing with everything, I signed a few papers and was done for the day.

Everyone went back to work while David gave me a tour of the building. The last floor we visited was Ace's old office. It was on the top floor. No one had been in there except for the cleaning ladies since Ace had passed.

David unlocks the door with a key and I walk in. I start to feel a shiver go down my spine. Looking around the bright spacious office that once belonged to the one and only Ace, I couldn't help but wonder how many restless hours he spent in here.

Behind his desk was floor to ceiling windows of the city view. It was beautiful. I walk over to his desk and sit in his chair. I then start to feel tears fall down my cheek.

"I'll give you a few minutes" I hear David say.

He closes the door and I lay my head on what used to be Ace's desk, And I cry. Why am I crying? Why am I still fucking crying!!

Since then, I started working less hours at the hospital and spent more time at Anderson tech. They started needing me there all the time to ask for my approval of things. Eventually, I quit working at the hospital and worked full time at Anderson tech.

To be honest, I didn't suck as much. I was pretty good at coming up with new and better ideas. I moved into Ace's old office. I didn't change anything, just like how I haven't changed anything in the house. Over this 1 year, the company has grown 60% more than what it was before. I was proud of myself.

My anxiety was also getting better since I was focused on the company more. I finally had something to do, other than taking care of people. It was now time to care for myself, and working here was just what I needed. I was surrounded by kind people who I for once didn't need to take care of. I made friends at work, I went out for lunch with them. I went out to parties, I had fun. I was enjoying life.

My life had taken a turn. For the better.

In 2 weeks, it will be 1 year since Ace has been gone. I wanted to do something in his memory which is why I decided to make a charity event. The Anderson foundation.

David helped me put it together as well as a team of professionals, but it's basically one of those rich people types of fundraising events where CEO's come together to raise money for a good cause. This charity specifically will be in memorial of Ace.

We've been planning it for 2 whole months, but now its only 2 weeks away. I've also been helping different charities by donating money and helping the needy. It's not right to have so much money sitting around doing nothing. At least it will be going for a good cause.

Today I'm meeting with Doctor Ashley for my regular appointments every month. Even though my anxiety has gotten better, I still have a hard time sleeping at times. So I visit him every month for a refill of sleeping pills and to see how I have been doing.

I grab a set of car keys and head out the door to my appointment.

--

Hello Lovelies!
I know, its been so long! I promise, new update coming soonnnn.
Has a bit of a surprise to it ;))))
Happy reading
Bye for now 💋