Drifting Back

~+Evening: Mary's Home for Hope Children+~

The man standing in front of Tika looks back at her confused as to what she called him. "I'm sorry?" He couldn't hear what she said since she said it so quietly to herself. Although he thought she might have heard her say a old name, he shakes his head thinking he misheard her.

Tika shakes her head, "Sorry you look similar to someone I've met. Anyways thank you for catching me and sorry I bumped into you." He manners quite fair since it was her fault for being in a hurry.

"It's not a problem at all," The man says waving the problem off.

Tika moves around him, "Excuse me, I have to be meeting Madame." She quickly leaves him behind not wanting to be late.

Unaware she had already caught the man's attention and most of all interest.

Tika round the corner of the hall and makes it to the head Mistress's office hallway. She knocks on the door twice until she a called in.

"Come in child!"

Tika turns the knob and opens the door. She entered into the room and bows her head slightly. "Sorry Madame, I heard that I was called on my way back."

"Yes, please take a seat dearie." Madame Vena says gesturing to the seat across from a beautiful blond haired woman and an empty seat next to her.

Tika walks a bit stiffly to her seat. Sitting down she takes a cautious glance at the woman. She's so pretty with jewel blue eyes and her porcelain skin. The woman reminded her of an antique doll for display only.

"This is Ms. Emilia Valentine, she and her fiancé were looking to adopt. You fit around their preferences so they've been waiting patiently for your arrival once they heard about you." Madame Vena explains simply, now leaving it up to Tika and Emilia to speak to each other.

"It's nice to meet you," Emilia says first to get things started off. "My Fiancé and I were looking forward to meeting you. He's out handling a call at the moment but he should be back soon."

The door opens once again, Tika and Emilia look back to see said man at the door. Tika took a double take as the man to be her potential dad was the same man from earlier from when she got off the elevator.

"I see she has arrived." The man said coming over and taking a seat next to Emilia. "Hello, princess."

Emilia notes the way Tord already sounded so fond of the child before them. His face relaxed and tone gentle as if he was handling a baby.

"My name is Tord Lawson, would you like to be our daughter?"

~+Later: Thompson HouseHold+~

Tom sat behind his desk in his study humming to himself when Torm and Tomi ran into the room. Both his sons panting and red in the face.

"Boys, what did I tell you about running? Especially up the stairs." Tom sternly says putting his pen down before crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sorry Dad, but you'll never believe what Tika texted us." Torm said after catching his breath. He pulls out his phone to show his dad the text.

Torm:
So what happened?

Tika:
...
I just got adopted.

Tom took the phone from his son to let his eyes reread the text message again. A smile stretching his lips at the good news.