Chapter Twenty

Ryan POV

I held Baby #2 in my arms as Summer bounced Baby #1 in her arms. They were just as beautiful as their mother and I'm just scared for them to grow up this beautiful. I'm going to have to pimp slap me a few boys, teach them how to pimp slap a few girls.

"I think we messed up on having swirl babies," Summer tells me with a soft giggle.

"How so?" I ask her.

"They're going to have a lot of identity issues for starters," Summer says.

I chuckle, "that's what we're going to be there for, to keep them on a straight path, but allow them to explore themselves."

Summer leans into me and kiss the top of her head. I couldn't be any happier than sitting here with my family. Oh, they're only a couple hours old and I don't even want them to grow that fast.

A knock comes from the door and I place Baby #2 in Summer's arms while placing my arm over them. I will die and go to hell snot my family. With my protective guard up, I was ready to call in my wolf until, Xavier walks in through the door and I felt my shield go down.

"Sorry, I wanted to see them," he smiles sheepishly.

Summer giggles and beckons him over. I grumble under my breath. They're too young to be around anybody, we need to hurry and get them home, so nobody has easy access to our room and I can dismiss them without regret.

"You can't hold them though, X," I tell him.

He sucks his teeth as he leans over the bed to coo at the babies. I stand back to look at the scene with a smile. It took a lot to get here to this resting point and, quite honestly, I'd do it all over again. Except this time I would keep my mother as far away as possible.

Who knows how badly she's torn Summer's mental health. I, myself, have saw her at her lowest with her ex-boyfriend and it was not a pretty scene. It was almost as if she lost her mind and we had to spend some time apart, so she could recollect herself.

"You guys thought of any names yet?" Xavier asks.

"We haven't named them yet, but for Baby #1 I want to name her Silver and Baby #2 should be Syren," Summer suggests.

"Silver and Syren... those are beautiful names." Xavier grins.

"Most definitely not the names we ever brought up," I pitch in.

A nervous laugh escapes Summer as she looks down at the girls. They looked around at all of us, already taking in their surroundings. They're going to be some very smart women as they grow older.

"But, those names just seem to fit," she tells me.

I couldn't help, but smile and join my family again. Another knock sounds and in walked dad. He appeared to be in more distress as he leaned against the knob of the door.

"Nice too see you all doing so well." He clears his throat. "Xavier and Ryan, we need to talk."

Xavier and I look at each other in confusion before he decides to walk out of the room. I gave Summer and the girls a kiss before leaving to join them outside the room.

Our mother stood there before us and instantly our guard went back up.

"What is she doing here?" I sneer.

"She's going to tell you everything, including what happened today and why it happened," dad grunts.

It was in that moment that I toned down. This was going to be extremely hard for my dad to bear. Our mother is his mate and to know that she is bringing destruction to your pack instead of help binding it. It's cause for termination. It's cause for death.