Illegal trafficking (IDEA PT2)

The crushing force of its tail was unbearable now. In a panic, you tried to pry yourself away.

It frowned for a bit before loosening up its grip on your body.
You broke free and dusted yourself.

"Right, checkup."
In the middle of the enclosure was a clipboard with a piece of printed paper.
You moved towards it.

The 'Cat' slowly stalked towards your form, brushing its gargantuan tail against your legs.
You should have pushed it out of the way before it grabbed your leg again.

Once again, you were found in its arms. It snuggled against you lovingly while making a few high-pitched noise.
"Huh, gotta write that down. This is the third time I heard this.

You were sandwiched between the Cat and its life-sized tail, its soft fur tickling your neck.
The Cat was the first creature you ever treated.

Its species are less loved and valued than the Snake's and the Bird's. Finding them on the streets like literal wandering stray cats are common. So its unusual to see them being trafficked due to its low market value.

Plus, they breed quickly and in large quantities. They were seen more of a pest, and was clearly treated as one.
"Maybe the reason why they weren't so popular because of those damn ears. Ergh, freaky."
Not exactly, they weren't valued as much because they are naturally affectionate and reclusive, not exactly useful for war.

You managed to bring the Cat into your care when you spotted one rummaging through the dumpsters behind this building.
Clearly emaciated and afraid, the first encounter with it wasn't pleasant.

It was originally brought in by a colleague of yours. She said she found it rummaging through the dumpster, emaciated and anxious.
It tried to run away from her but she managed to shoot it with three tranquilizer darts before it could go far.

From there, the higher ups got a rich idea to execute an operation where the company turns 'used goods' into an useful army on a tight budget.
You thought it was the most stupid idea ever because you had to do most of the rehabilitation and correction of behaviors.

While your other colleagues do easier jobs such as working in the other departments, this company generates income by providing various services and products, mainly based on those hybrid creatures and warfare equipments.

Oh, how you wished that you worked in customer service now.

The first meeting of the Cat was what you expected, claw and bite marks were everywhere on your skin.

It was RELATIVELY easy to tame since its behavior is parallel to a common cat, just that it causes more damage to property due to its size.

No doubt, you felt pity for the Cat. It was abused throughout its life and since it is half human, you would expect that it would have human sapience. It was a wonder how it could endure all those degrading treatments.

BUT, you still wished that it would die so you would be free.
Too bad, now its super attached to you.

"Let go, damn it!"
You tried to push it away from you, but its tail kept you in place.
It gave a playful smile before gently pecking you on the nose.
You sigh, you needed to take a different approach.

You extend your hand to scratch one of its six ears.
It induced an intoxicated state in the Cat, causing it to unconsciously loosen its grip.
"There you go, freakin' ear twitches still creep me out."
When its tail is completely down, a large shadow loom over the both of you.

"Argh!"
You were lifted up in the air again.
The Bird set you on a tall tree branch in the middle of the containment unit.
"Not funny. Let me down!"
It ignored your demands, instead, it sat on a tree branch and set you on its lap. Its left arm protectively wrapped around your waist.
The Bird stuck its tongue out to affectionately tease you.

Its left wing covering your whole body, you felt it ruffling your hair with its wing.
"Wow! He managed to gain such control on its wings! I gotta write that down."

The Snake and the Cat were quite upset, visibly expressed on their faces.
The Bird gave a mocking gesture with its hands. Of course, you couldn't see it since its golden wing was blocking your view.

The next creature that went under your care was the Bird. It was a total nightmare before it trusted and became attracted to you.

Someone was 'kind' enough to 'donate' it to the company. YOU had to bear with the trouble it caused.
The Bird had multiple, deep lacerations on its body, its wing bones were fractured and most of the feathers are either burned away or cut. It was an ex-fighter from the opposing group, they called it a 'traitor' for trying to escape from war. Hence they tortured him until they believed that he was rendered useless.

Avians hybrids are generally difficult to control. They are naturally arrogant, stubborn and hot tempered. They believe to be above the rest just because they could soar the skies.
Most are recruited as a weapon of mass destruction in wars.

That is proven to be true, on the first week that it was admitted into this building, the Bird caused approximately a hundred thousand dollars worth of damage although it was critically injured.

Avian hybrids are far more superior in intelligence than the Cat. But it's vain attitude caused the downfall of its kind, letting humans take advantage of them.

You know that it can communicate in a known, human language. Especially if it was used in the army.
You tried reasoning with it using English and every other languages including German, Mandarin and Russian (using a digital translator), but it always ends up with it attempting to attack you.

You thought it was mentally unsound due to the miserable conditions it lived in.
Until you tried one last language: sign language.
It calmed down tremendously and stopped its attacks on you. The Bird then began to converse with you regularly in sign language.

Most of the time, the topics were about how great he is. Sometimes it gets so irritating that you wished to punch him and call it a 'slip of the hand'.

You found out he wasn't born deaf, but was made deaf in a battle.
You proposed an idea to your superiors to let it undergo surgery.

They agreed, if you agree to work unpaid for a month.
It was a hard choice, at the end, the Bird got his hearing back. However he still needed a hearing aid.

It infuriated you that he decided not to wear it. He learned how to read lips instead.