Chapter 4- Job

"Morning mom." I skip down the stairs dressed in some shorts and a crop.

"Good morning honey, you seem cheerful this morning." 

"Oh, I'm just glad it's holidays." I shrug trying to play it off.

"What's your plans for today, spending time with Tyler I assume?" she raises her brow

"Uh, no." I take a deep breath "Actually Tyler and I, we aren't together anymore."

"Oh?" My mother asks confused and places her coffee cup down

"There is something I need to talk about, it's kind of impo-"

Buzzzz, Buzzzz.

"Hold that thought." She says answering her phone "Morning Austin, oh shit really? No, no that's okay Charlie can come in and help me. No worries, bye." She hangs up. "Austin isn't well so I'm going to need your help today." she sighs "Anyway, what did you need to tell me?"

"Uh, nothing." I shrug. "If you need help today why don't I ask my friend Zay to come in as well?"

"You're very pushy with this Zay situation Charlie." She laughs

"He isn't a situation, he's a person and you'll love him."

Taking a deep breath my mother shakes her head. "Okay, go ahead call this Zayd and tell him I want there within the hour, but this doesn't mean you're not coming in, I want you to help me as well."

"Of course," I nod happily. "I told P I'd have breakfast with her, is it okay if come in right after?"

"Sure thing honey." Mom smiles and grabs her keys. "I'll see you later."

I run back upstairs and grab my phone, I open it to Zay's number and press call. It's only a few short rings until he answers.

"Morning princess, miss me already huh?" He answers in a sleepy voice.

"Get up and get ready because you have a job to get to." I almost yell with excitement.

"I do?" He mumbles confusedly probably still half asleep.

"Yes, my mom needs a hand at the shop today so I offered your services." I laugh "You need to be there in an hour, don't keep her waiting, she's a hard ass."

"Should I be scared?" He laughs. "No, I'll be there, it's the one in the main street, right?"

"That's the one and I'll be there in a few hours as well."

"I'll see you later then."

"See you then." I smile into the phone

"Oh and Charlie." He says quickly

"Yes?"

"Thank-you."

"Anytime." I hang up.

When I reach the cafe, Paisley is already waiting for me in our usual spot right by the window. I enter and make my way over to her. "Hey, sorry I'm a little late."

Standing up she pulls me into a hug and then pulls back. "It's okay I was a little bit late myself." she blushes

"Things are going will with Zack I take it?" I smirk across at her as we take our seats.

"Yeah, things have been great actually." She nods

"Have you told your dad yet?"

"You know what he's like, if he finds out I'm dating someone so much older than me he'll freak." She sighs.