Sang Yunxie 1.30

I was trying to make the stupid ML ugly. But no matter what I did, his hair kept falling into this really hot way. It was like his hair only existed to make his face hotter.

After thousands of tries to make him ugly, I put his hair into a high bun. Making him look cold and sophisticated, which made me realize that I'm never going to understand the blessing of being effortlessly hot.

I'm not going to lie I'm the cutest girl in the land, but that was only after some severe self-discipline. I forced myself to eat healthy food, follow a beauty routine, do yoga. But, this man doesn't even know what a facemask is, and I can't see a single pore in his face.

Knowing that I will never have the same advantages as the MLs and FLs, I put on my best smile and guided the emperor out of my sleeping chambers.

I knew everything that he liked to eat because I read the original book (and Liam reminded me). So I kept feeding him, making sure that he felt content. Cause, if I can't make him ugly, I can make him fat.

After breakfast, we went to pay our respects to mother empress, who was mad at the ML for shooing her away. I found her cute, so I kept acting spoiled. Oh right! The FL was also there.

When we were done, we went directly to court. We weren't too late, because we woke up early. But still, knowing that those annoying rats weren't going to say anything since their emperor was just back. I didn't rush to go inside, and neither did the ML.

"Are you nervous?" I whispered into his ear as we walked inside the building.

"Depends, will you comfort me?" He asked.

"I can cook you something delicious. My chef is the best, but I also taught him some things. Which means that I'm pretty good too." I answered.

He smiled and said, "I want to try your cooking."

"You won't be disappointed."

--------------‐----------------‐-------

Knowing that they were going to finally meet their emperor, the court was pretty busy. You could hear the excitement, happiness, anger, worry, relief, and all kind of emotions in the building.

What they were finally happy about is that they weren't going to be ruled by a girl. Although almost all of the decisions that Sang Yunxie and the empress dowager made were smart, they were still living in a time where women were inferior to men.

Having a teenage girl as a leader didn't exactly help the pride of a bunch of fifty-year-old men. So this was no longer going to be a problem for them.

Sang Yunxie and the ML entered the building hand in hand while whispering into each other's ears. Making the guards feel a bit distressed but also a relief. Distress because the rumors were true. Their emperor was obsessed with imperial consort Sang. Relief because imperial consort Sang the best person to be obsessed with. She was beautiful beyond words and smart without equal.

Fortunately, they let go of their hands before entering the court. The ML went in first, and Sang Yunxie carelessly followed him. She wasn't nervous because she was used to seeing these people at least twice a week. So she maintained her poise and elegance but was still giving an uninterested vibe at the people who were practically kneeling as she walked in.

The ML was even worse; his flirty attitude from before was nowhere to be found and was instantly replaced with his usual cold and majestic aura.

When they finally reached the throne, every single one of the officials were kowtowing while singing praises to the emperor. Sang Yunxie and he sat together and looked down with an unamused smile.