three

『 Lavender, 07:47 P

『 Lavender, 07:47 P.M 』

📚

Earlier this morning, Jimin had called in sick. Moreover, (c/n) was supposed to leave early and drive his mother to the airport at seven. As a result, I had to handle the bookshop by myself. Thankfully, my cousin told me to close the shop earlier since I was alone, at eight o'clock instead of eight thirty.

Less than fifteen minutes before the closure, the few clients I had were rushing to the checkout. As soon as the last client would have paid, I'd escort him to the exit so I could lock the door right away. However, a costumer appeared in front of the door. Wearing a large-sized grey hoodie and a pair of black jeans, the man stared at me.

I beamed, recognizing his face. "Mister Yoongi! Is that it?"

He nodded, nervously chewing on his lip. Knowing he wanted to enter, I told him that I was about to close the store.

"Can't I just come in for five minutes? I know what I want."

Although I wanted to close right away and go home earlier, I didn't want to miss a chance to be alone with Yoongi.

"Fine, but five minutes!"

A small smile crept up his face, causing my heartbeat to increase. He had a gummy smile that made him look like a marshmallow I craved to bite.

We both went inside and I made sure to lock the door so that no more costumer would bother me.

"How will you pay?" I asked the sole costumer

He shifted his attention from the rack of books. "By card."

I nodded, headed to the checkout and began to count the cash we'd earn for the day. As he said, Yoongi was quick enough to pay. I slipped his novel in a plastic bag and thanked him. Yet, he didn't move.

"Is there something else you need?" I politely asked

He cleared his throat, gulping. "N—no." Still, he wouldn't budge.

"Are you sure? You look like—"

"I like your name." He suddenly blurted out, catching me off guard. "(Y/n), it is beautiful."

Before I could answer, he waved goodbye and rushed to the entrance. Unfortunately for him, the door was locked. I chuckled, joining him.

The keys were jiggling in my hand as he watched in horror. I rolled my eyes.

"Perhaps do you like me?" I asked while unlocking the door. Yoongi coughed. "You're so cute!" I tilted my head on the side, the door was wide open.

His cheeks turned pink as he looked away. "Thanks." He scoffed. "I'm leaving now."

I knew that he'd never ask me out, so I had to do it myself.

"Wait!" He stopped, frowning. "We should go on a date."

Surprisingly, he seemed to relax. Handing my phone over him, I began to type in his name and number as he told me. Once we were done, he took the opposite direction from mine. I, overjoyed, walked to my car.