Chapter -17

Wednesday..

"Girls and boys , as you all know this is your first year in college and we all don't know each other properly. So to know each other better , we seniors have planned freshers week for you all. Each day you have to dress up according to the theme and after the classes we will arrange some games for you all", Jay , the cultural head said.

" Participation in this week is not compolsory ,but the last day which is freshers party, you have to dance with a partner and it is compolsory. So choose your partners and prepare you performance. It should be a couple dance", Harshita said.

"Freshers week is starting from next week and the dress code for all the days will be displayed on notice board, so have a look there. You have to give your names to Harshita for couple dance by this saturday", Jay announced.

"And guys , you will be judged every day according to the dress code and your participation in each games. MR. AND MISS. Fresher will be decided  according to your performances on daily basis. Dance performance which you will be doing in freshers party is not included. Price for that will be given different", Harshita announced.

All were happy hearing the announcement of Freshers party leaving one. Diya is scared. Neither she knows to dance nor she has any friend for whom she can ask to be her partner.

"I can be your partner Diya", Farhan said while coming in front of Diya when she was in her dreamland.

"Thank you , but I am not participating in this", Diya said.

"It is compolsory Diya", Farhan stated the matter of fact.

"I will go and talk to Harshita. If she won't agree then I will talk to the HOD", Diya said and went from there.

Farhan just shrugged her shoulder and looked at Diya.

"I can be your partner", Priya said while rolling the end of her front hair.

"I already have a partner but thanks for an offer", Farhan said with a sweet smile.

"She is your partner , who just rejected your offer and went?", Priya asked with a smirk.

"She will come back don't worry", Farhan said to Priya and went away.

On the other side after class Diya went to Harshita to talk to her.

"Harshita , can you please come with me? I want to talk to you?", Diya said.

"Execute me guys,  I will just come back ", Harshita told to her friends and went with Diya.

"Harshita, I don't want to participate in this competition,  Diya said.

"It is compolsory Diya",Harshita said.

"Harshita , you know I am married , so please understand I cant do this couple dance", Diya pleaded.

"Diya , rules are rules and I can't change them for you", Harshita said and went away from there.

Diya even talked with her HOD regarding this couple dance theme but her HOD very firmly told her that she can't help her in this matter.

Diya went home and thought to talk to Tarun regarding this.

****************************
At night...

"Diya , pack my clothes for a week. I have to go to Lucknow", Tarun said.

"Why?", Diya asked confused.

"My boss has fractured his hand and someone has to go there to pay the bills and also to select the item for festive season.  So I have to go", Tarun replied.