22.

Ryan (The Next Day)

I've been up a couple of times during the night taking care of Kairi, and it's been hard since I'm not used to being up so often. Dave has been super supportive and helpful, this morning he went to the house to finish up the nursery. I was laying with Kai when I was snapped out my thoughts by someone walking inside the room. It was Dave's grandma, Miss C. "Good morning Ryan..." she said taking a seat next to me. "Hey." I said with my focus still on my sleeping daughter. Miss Caroline and I haven't been really speaking ever since she said I wasn't ready to be a parent, I mean she comes around but we don't speak like that. "Can I talk to you for a second?"
I looked up at her,"Sure."
"I know we haven't been on the best of terms but I wanna apologize for the way I came at you about being ready for a baby, I was just tryna protect Dave."
I nodded taking in everything she said,"I understand, but it honestly offended me cause I never did anything to make anyone not trust me, not only that to my understanding we were cool."
"I understand, and now I know you aren't here for the wrong reasons. Now I want us to move on and be in a better space. Cause now my beautiful great grand baby is here and we all can agree on us all wanting to be healthy and happy." I nodded agreeing with her. "Love you Ryan." she said reaching over Kai to give me a hug.
We both pulled away from the hug when we heard the door open, it was babe and he had breakfast for all of us.
"Am I in the right room?" he asked jokingly. "Boy get in here." Miss C said laughing at his foolishness. He came over and gave her a hug and pecked me on the lips. "How's my princess doing?" he asked placing a kiss on Kai's head. "She's fine, sleeping her little life away." I said admiring her.
He handed us our food, I was beyond happy cause I hadn't ate since yesterday and that was just a burger. I laid Kairi in her bed and started to eat, we all held a small conversation talking about nothing important. I knew once I went home tomorrow I would be tryna get started on my business, conduct interviews for an assistant as well as picking out the vendors I had lined up. I had already designed the website so really that's the main things I have to do. Dave said he would help me, and I'm glad cause he has more experienced with running a successful business. He also said something about opening up a strip club, it isn't ideal but I support my baby with anything he decides to do. After I finished eating babe helped me to the bathroom,"you okay?" he asked standing next to the sink. I shook my head yeah,"I had forgot about a period to be honest, the nurse said I should be comepletly healed in 6 weeks and the bleeding should stop before then." I said putting my messy hair in a bun. He nodded," alright I finished the nursery so everything could be ready by the time y'all come home."
I finished up my business and washed my hands,"thanks Bae." He helped me to the bed, and I guess Miss C had let herself out cause she was no longer in her seat. I got back in the hospital bed and sighed feeling myself get sleepy. "You good?" Dave asked sitting next to me. I nodded,"yeah it's just these pain meds make me hella sleepy."
"Well get some rest, I got her." he said getting comfortable in the chair since they took the extra bed.

Dave

While Ryan caught up on some sleep, I checked my emails just to see what's going on at my place of business and so far everything was fine. I heard Kairi start to whine so I changed her diaper and got her bottle ready. While I fed her, I scrolled down my timeline and there wasn't anything interesting so I clicked out of the app. Ryan was getting discharged tomorrow morning so she had already signed her and Kairi's paperwork. My grandma had cried the entire time Ryan was pushing, she said that it brought back memories of when I was born. I was pushing 30 so I knew that was long ago. After I fed her, I burped her and laid her on me. The nurse peeked her head in the room to make sure everything was fine. Once I assured her that nothing was wrong she left. About 15 minutes later there was a knock on the door, when I said come in I was greeted by the asian chick. "Wassup? How can I help you?" I asked the stranger wit an eyebrow raised.
"I'm Paris, Brooke and Ryan's friend." she said. It was crazy cause Brooke nor Ryan ever spoke about her, so I wonder what the history between them was. I woke Ryan up, letting her know she had company. When she looked up and saw who it was, she held a blank expression. "Babe, can you go put Kai in the baby nursery and give us a second?" I eyed her and got up wit a sleeping Kairi in my arms and left the room.

Ryan

I looked over at the girl who was supposed to be my friend. I didn't hear from her the entire time I was pregnant and she didn't even bother coming to the shower even though she was invited. So at this point I'm confused as to why she's here. "Wassup?" I asked jumping straight to the point. "Congrats on the baby, she's gorgeous." she said taking a seat next to my bed. I nodded not saying anything,"what brought you by? Considering you've ignored me the whole time I was pregnant. I even invited you to my shower, but you were a no show." She sighed,"It's not you, it's um..your child's father." I frowned when she said that cause what did Dave have to do with this. "What about him? What does he have to do with this?"
"Ryan.. He got another girl pregnant. She had the baby a month or 2 ago." she said with this sad look on her face.
"You have any pictures?" I asked and she quickly nodded pulling out her phone. She handed the phone over to me and sure enough the picture of the baby looked like him. My blood was boiling right now but I wasn't gonna let this girl see me sweat, ima handle him. "Thank you for stopping by Paris. And send that to me." I said with a fake smile plastered on my face. When she left I refused to cry about the situation, I needed answers and I needed them now.

Dave

On my way back to the room I was met by an angry Ry. I was confused as to what she was upset about,"we need to talk now." she said basically dragging me to the hospital room. Once the door was closed, she slapped the shit outta me. I clenched my teeth trying not to yell or anything,"the fuck you just hit me for?"
"Why didn't you tell me? Huh?" she said throwing punches at me, I blocked her from hitting me. "The hell are you talking about?" she grabbed her phone and scrolled a bit before shoving it in my face. There was a picture of a baby but it wasn't Kairi so I was confused as to why she's showing me this. "Why you showing me pictures of some baby?" I frowned up in confusion. "David quit playing with me, look at the fucking picture. This baby looks just like your ass!" that's when I noticed what she was talking about, the child did resemble me. When I looked at her she had tears in her face. "So when we're you gonna tell me?"
I tried to hold her hand but she jerked away while backing up,"baby I swear I didn't know." she held her hand up instructing me to hush. "Just go." she said barely above a whisper. I tried to say something once again but she cut me off, "just go!" I sighed feeling defeated, I made my way out the room wit tears in my eyes cause I knew this was the end of us.