5

Third POV

The day of the festival comes. All the teachers prepare everything for every special guest that is invited to the Evans Festival. Every student's family is also invited even though some of them are too busy to come.

"This is fun right," Valen smiled widely and turned his head towards his half-brother. "Right, Vilanc?" he asked casually to Vilanc d'Fyrst. "I can't wait for you attend this school next year." Valen smiled playfully.

"Yes, brother." he replied as he returned the smile.

"Maybe you could send another skillful assassin to kill me." Valen laughed as he joked around even though it's the truth making Vilanc's eyes widened.

Vilanc smile as he look at Valen. "You shouldn't joke like that, Crown Prince." he said with a slight glance and continue, "Who's performance you're waiting for?" he asked.

"No one in particular." Valen replied while resting his chin on his hand. "How about you?"

"I don't know but I'm quite interested in Aliciel Blacker's performance." Vilanc said as Aliciel's name caught Valen's attention.

"Oh, her." Valen sighed tiredly at the mention of her name.

"She has a half brother, correct?" Vilanc asked suddenly making Valen's eyes widened as Vilanc smile. "The Duke remarried to a commoner that has a son. And it appears that her little brother is the new heir." he explained casually making Valen lower his head a little and avoid eyes contact. "Doesn't that case sounds familiar?" he asked confusedly on purpose while looking at Valen.

"Are you picking a fight?" Valen asked, irritated. "So he brought up Aliciel's family topic just because our situation is kinda familiar....!?" he thought while narrowing his eyebrows.

"She's the same as me. Born from a real Empress and her, a Duchess. But the ones that born from a lower rank become the heir instead just because you were born first." Vilanc said with a smile.

Valen's eyes widen as frustration filled him even though what his little brother said was the truth. Every words that Vilanc said makes Valen frustrated because of the truth. Valen's mother was a daughter from the Earl and Vilanc mother was the daughter of a marquess, who, married to the current Emperor.

But the Emperor fell in love with Valen's mother and leave Vilanc's mother, the Empress alone. But there's a darker story behind their mothers and made their sons compete for the throne.

And it's not a simple one.

-

Aliciel's performance was breathtaking and beautiful. Every note she plays represent perfection. Of course she earned the favour of every audience. But no matter how well she played it, none of her family would come and watch.

After her performance, she walk around the backstage as everyone congratulate her for the great performance. When she exit the hall, she was greeted by a familiar figure.

"S-sis!" Allen greeted her with a wide smile as he run towards her and give her a bouquet of flowers. "Your performance was amazing!"

Aliciel's eyes widened. "What are you doing here!?" she asked angrily making Allen's eyes widened.

"You should be studying by now. You are going to learn in this school in a year and there's still so much for you to learn! You're the heir to the Dukedom for Blacker's sake!" Alicel scold him with a serious expression. "At least I have to make him good enough as a true Heir, I know that he was flawless in the game, because the teacher who teaches him was strict. But in this world where I live in, the teacher died before she can even teach him." she mentally facepalm.

"...I-I just wanted to go as your family. Father and mother are both busy so I think it's better if I come." Allen said shyly and then his lips form a sad smile. "Even if they are so busy, won't they spare a time to come to sister's performance...?" he thought sadly as he asked to himself.

"I know they're busy." she said as his eyes widened in surprised. Aliciel sigh and take the bouquet of flowers that Allen wanted to give her. "Thanks for the flowers." she thanked him making him widen his eyes in surprised.

"O-of course!" he smiled widely. "Why do sister have to hide her feelings? She never tell me her worries... well.. it's not like we're close from the start." he thought sadly as he let out a sigh.

"You can go." Aliciel said as Allen look at her confusedly.

"H-huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me. I don't want to stand here all day just to accompany you." she said spitefully making Allen lower his head a little. Noticing that, Aliciel sigh as she look at him. "Just a little tour then." she said making Allen's eyes widened in surprised and lift his head to look at her.

"P-pardon?"

"I'm going to show you around the school. Stop with your 'What' 'Huh' 'Pardon' or whatever and follow me." she said as Allen nodded happily.

__________________________________

Characters Intro

Aliciel Blacker

- Villainess
- Reincarnated Person
- Daughter and the first child of Blacker Dukedom
- Would not get affected easily
- Sometimes could not control her anger

- Books
- Escaping the stupid game

- Heroine & Capture Targets
- Blacker Dukedom
- Her family
- Being banished/killed

________

Nora Bright

- Heroine
- Sweet
- Daughter of a Baron
- Airheaded
- Outgoing

- Books
- All kinds of Foods
- Flowers and stars

- Losing her family

________

Valen d'Fyrst

- Capture Target
- Crown Prince
- Skilled in combat and swordsmanship
- Playful and unpredictable
- Will do anything to achieve his goals

- Training
- Escaping his duty
- Prefers window over door
- Spicy food
- Night

- Imperial Family/His own family
- Insolence people
- People disobeyed his rules
- Useless people

________

Vilanc d'Fyrst

- Capture Target
- 2nd Prince
- Good strategist
- Prefer hand to hand combat
- Two faced
- Cunning and clever
- Likes to do everything behind the scenes

- Books
- Sweets
- Achieves his goals
- The Throne

- Imperial Family/His own family
- People disobeyed his rules
- Eyesore
- Loud places

________

Kian Harvey

- Capture Target
- Son of a general who stands next to the Blacker Dukedom
- Aggressive but wise as a Student council President
- Tsundere 100%
- Skilled combat
- Pride higher than his height

- Training swordsmanship
- Competition
- Loud places
- Spicy & salty food

- Rejection of a competition
- People who disobey school rules
- Books
- Anyone who stands in his way

________

Allen Blacker

- Capture Target
- Heir and second child from the Blacker Dukedom
- Shy but smart and clever
- Gentleman

- Training his swordsmanship
- Books

- Being abandoned
- Eyesore