Chapter 3

Wait, I said that Tae was 5'2 last chapter, but then I realised how fricken short that was, so now let's just say that he is 5'4. 

-

Taehyung pulls the soft blanket closer to his bruised body, trying to seek comfort from its warmth. He tries to get the last few minutes of sleep before his alarm goes off but to his dismay, he must have spent those minutes tossing and turning because now the blaring of his alarm is filling the small room. 

The blue-haired boy rushes to turn off the deafening thing so he won't wake the other person in the room. Taehyung stares at Jungkook in his sleeping form and almost gasps. The boy looks so peaceful, so gentle, dare he say ethereal. A complete contrast to when he's awake and those daring dark eyes stare him down to submission. 

Taehyung shakes himself out of his thoughts and stops ogling over the boy. He heads to the bathroom and starts cleaning himself up. He can't help but grimace at the fading bruises on his jaw and the blossoming ones on his back. Taehyung is a blank canvas and his art is painted by the brutality of his cruel classmates. 

The boy freshens up before heading out, clad in his oversized uniform. He wanted to cry in frustration when he realised the uniform was a little too big for him but what could he have done? Absolutely nothing, thats right. 

Taehyung heads out his dorm and marches down the hall towards the shared kitchen, determined to whip up a tasty breakfast. Taehyung has always been a breakfast person, constantly remarking it as the most important meal of the day. 

The boy enters the decent sized kitchen and looks around. With light steps, he walks over to the numerous cupboards and opens them, eyes narrowing as he searches the contents. 

Flour, eggs, sugar.

Then he opens the fridge, eyes narrowing threateningly, trying to intimidate the object into resourcing him with better food. 

Milk, butter

"Pancakes!" he exclaims excitedly.  His favourite. 

His excited hands set to work. He hums a little as he creates his masterpiece, happy as can be. 

But then a startling thought strikes him. Should he make breakfast for Jungkook aswell?

Taehyung initially wants to deny his thoughts. The aforementioned has hurt him badly yesterday, both emotionally and physically and he shouldn't be making him breakfast. But then again, he is his roommate, and he is probably also hungry. Taehyung struggles with his thoughts before finally giving in and making up his mind.

He is going to make breakfast for Jungkook aswell. 

Many people didn't understand the kind nature that lived in Taehyung's being. His parents are cruel and rather selfish people, so why was he like this? Well, what many don't know is that Taehyung grew up in the loving arms of his grandmother. The woman was the most caring, kind-hearted and gentle person in this world, and many of her good traits passed down to little Taehyug as he grew up by her side. Because of her, he never felt abandoned by his parents when they went off on their numerous business trip. Instead, he felt loved and nurtured. He was taught to be kind and caring, an antonym to his heartless parents. 

"I miss you, nini," Taehyung whispers sadly, wishing he could have just one more day with his dear grandmother. But just as time heals, it also kills. 

Taehyung nervously stacks the pancakes on two plates, drizzling on a generous amount of maple syrup before heading back to his dorm room.  

Upon arriving back in his room, he notices that Jungkook is still fast asleep. For this, he is grateful because he didn't want to encounter the boy and explain why he made him breakfast. He much preferred writing a note instead. 

Taehyung places the plate of pancakes carefully next to the ravenette on his bedside table before placing the small note he wrote to its side. 

Taehyung quickly finishes his breakfast, trying to savour the flavour but failing because he is too ravenous care about pace. With a full belly and a content smile, he sets out for his second day at Helville High. 

~

Jungkook wakes up to an aroma that has his insides tingling. He stretches his limbs, trying to wake himself up so he can investigate where this smell is coming from. He doesn't have to do much detective work though, because as soon as he sits upright on the bed and stares at his bedside table, he finds the culprit. A plate full of soft fluffy pancakes, dripping with golden syrup. 

Jungkook could have orgasmed at the sight. 

His stomach screams at him upon sighting the food. The ravenette shuffles closer towards the plate, staring at it like a predator staring down its prey. As he gets closer, his eyes catch sight of the small notes that sits next to the plate. With a frown, he picks it up, curiously reading its content. 

I made pancakes and thought you might want some as well since you probably won't have time to make breakfast when you wake up. (Sorry if I put too much maple syrup)

- Taehyung

Jungkook reads over the note, again and again. 

Taehyung made him breakfast? After all that he did to him yesterday?

Jungkook looks over at the plate of pancakes hesitantly. What if they are poisoned?

Jungkook never has breakfast, he just doesn't have time. But the plate of pancakes just looks too appetizing for his rumbling stomach. 

Maybe its time for a little change, he thinks as he bites into the soft layers of pancakes. 

He nearly moans at the taste. This shit is delicious, he thinks as he feeds away on the plate. 

-

Taehyung runs out of the library, clutching onto several copies of a new manga series that he was dying to read for the past few weeks. 

He can feel his legs wobble as he runs, his coordination mocking him for being so lousy. Suddenly, his feet trip over themself, causing the boy to plummet forward and crash onto the ground. The boy groans as pain washes over his already bruised body. 

"Woah, you okay?" a gentle voice asks from the side. 

Taehyung looks up to see a blond-haired boy, holding his books out for him with a concerned expression. 

"Y-yeah," Taehyung grunts out, slowly lifting himself up. "Thanks," he says accepting the books.

"House of swords, ay? I read that last week." The blond says while scrunching his nose in distaste. "The ending was so bad, I nearly cried because of how much time I wasted on it." 

"Really?!" Taehyung exclaims, looking down at the pile of books in his hands. 

"You should read The rabbit's hideout instead. It's truly a masterpiece."

Taehyung nods, "I heard that one was really good. I was actually trying to find it in the library but I had no luck."

The blond quirks his brow, "really? I swear it was in the library just a few days ago. Maybe you were just looking in the wrong place. Come with me, I'll help you find it." 

"R-really?" Taehyung asks, surprised by the boy's kindness. "Thank you."

The blond smiles as they start heading to the library. "My name is Jimin by the way."

"Mine's Taehyung, I-I'm kinda new." 

-

A/N: Sorry, this chapter was a bit boring. I hope everyone is liking the book so far.