T'was a Good Night

Imyo POV

I made my way down from my platform stage and walked towards a nearby long table, the foreigners from that table had their eyes glued on me immediately while my men ate their way through the banquet, silently.

"Heya!" I said as I pushed the butler away, letting myself sit beside him "Second day here already, how'd you guys like it so far?"

I got a few mixed responses from them, specially the older ones like Winter, her butler, and Jacques, it was the young ones who seemed to be unsure with their answer.

"Oh? Don't tell me that you haven't gone around here yet?" I asked them.

"It's been only our second day here" the little sister said.

"Oh hey, Weiss right?" she nodded to my question "You could've done a lot in just two days! I once got in enemy territory when I was taking over. Took me one day to know where I can hide and another to find weapons... gonna give myself a pat in the back for carrying all of these oafs to victory"

"Hey! It's not like we're always the heavyweight here!" replied my men "Remember that time with the Grim-drop mercenaries?"

"I'm boss here" I said as I took a gulp from the cup on the table "If I say it didn't happen, then it didn't happen!"

As they laughed, I looked back at the white haired family I was just talking to.

"You guys should really get out of here and check out the city proper" I pointed outside "You probably flew past it on the way here, it's a pretty short walk and it's pretty worth it"

The small city outside our wooden and stone fortress was a mishmash of different cultures and people. If one were to try and trace the origins of each product sold there, specially the crafts and arts, then they would have to travel around and probably even outside Remnant to completely record and trace its origin.

"Hey! Subo!" I called out to one of the escorts of our guests "Why don't ya help them out later, take them out of here and give 'em a tour" I said as I bit on some of the meat on the table.

Soon enough, he came running in. His head was rough and had no hair left, a single long scar slashed through from his leftmost side of the head all the way to the top of his head. If he were to take off his sleeves, there would be long claw-like slashes, if you were to see his back, you can see where the whips would lash at him. Despite all of it, he still had a smile that would make a clown jealous.

"Sup boss! I got another escort mission huh?" he said as he sat down behind me with a plate of food on his right hand and a bottle of booze on the other "Man it's becoming my specialty"

"Think of this as more of a reward" I said "You can bring your daughter with you while you tour them around!"

"Whoah!? You serious boss?"

"Yeah, you've been doing good lately. Why don't you buy her a gift or something, on me"

"Aww... so you do notice me hehe, you're gonna make me blush boss"

"Yeah-yeah shut up" I drank as I laughed at his face "Don't make me change my mind"

"Got it!"

"ONE gift alright? The next one is on you"

"Heh! Then how much are you gonna give me boss?" he asked with excitement.

"Hm? Just show me the gift then I'll buy it"

"I need to bring it here?"

"Nah, I'll also come when you guys go out!"

"Wait a minute!" Winter said "We never said we're going out!"