🌻Chapter 05🌻

After a while,
In a cafe,
Afternoon...

Third Person's POV

After Toya managed to calm Izuku down, the male made an oath to make her happy. And so, he decided to take her to a cafe nearby. "Welcome to our cafe, dear customers. " A waiter and a waitress greeted them in friendly way, smiling genuinely at their customers.

When the waitress lifted her head up, her eyes widened in surprise. "Setsuno!" She said his name half-yell, confusing Izuku. Does this random woman know him?

"Hey, Shirako. Long time no see... I guess?" Toya laughed in awkwardness, waving a hand at the woman he referred as Shirako. Izuku stared at the blonde male for a long time, hinting him to give explanation. But her friend didn't notice her intense stare at all which disappointed her.

"Woah, where did you go dude?! We miss you!" The waiter, wearing a nametag with a name 'Kaoru' written on it, started bombarding him with lots of questions.

Toya didn't know where to start first. Many things happened in such amount of time so he was at loss. "I know I kind of disappear for a while... Sorry about that. Got plenty of problems out there that I feel like killing myself." Toya jokingly stated, mustering a sheepish smile to them, attempting to joke around.

But his words only sent shivers down to their spines. The two workers looked at each other in disbelief and sorrow while Izuku was in shock state. She immediately hugged his body from behind.

"No, don't go...Don't do that, please. Don't leave me..." Izuku pleaded in misery, not wanting to lose Toya. The young man began panicking at her unexpected words. "Wha- Midoriya-san, of course I won't leave you!" He tried to comfort her. He did everything he could; patting her head and rubbing her back.

After all attempts failed, he resulted to the last way.

Toya pulled Izuku into a tight yet gentle embrace. The two workers snickered behind him but he couldn't do anything to stop their teasing. He just glared at the two in irritation. "I'm sorry about what I say. I won't leave you, Midoriya-san. I promise.. " He whispered reassuringly into her ear.

Shirako and Kaoru smiled a little at the two people. "Now, now. Why don't both of you take a seat first? We will come back with menu for you two." The white-haired woman pointed her finger to an unoccupied booth. Kaoru gestured the two customers to go there.

Toya looked at Izuku silently. "I guess it won't hurt to have a cup of coffee for a while... " The greenette agreed with open heart, making the man's heart jumped in joy.

Izuku and Toya walked over to the booth, sitting in the seat facing each other. They patiently waited for Shirako to come back with the menu books she mentioned earlier.

"Hey... Are they your friends?" The young woman eventually voiced out the question that had been playing in her mind. Toya looked up to him and nodded his head. "Co-workers, to be exact. I work here as a waiter." He explained, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Huh? You work here?! I never know!"

"W-well, it wasn't even worth mention... It is just a normal waiter job. The salary is only enough to support myself.."

Feeling humble, Toya hung his head low, gripping his pants firmly. He is nothing compared to Izuku who was bornt in a natural rich family. All he could afford with his salary was a small single apartment and support his live, just barely though.

Izuku stared at Toya in concern. She gently placed her hand on his, rubbing the back of his hand. "Your job is very wonderful. Being a waiter is not easy. You have to keep smiling at your customers even though you are hurt inside... I bet you make many people happy with that precious smile of yours, Setsuno-san." She assured, holding his hand with hers. Toya's face burnt slightly red and he could sense his cheeks heating up at the same time.