↬ two

TWO

"Siblings by chance, friends by choice."
- Liv and Maddie.

Dedicated to rqseystars your comments literally make my day <3

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

"I still can't believe you hit on Mackenzie Ziegler. Of all my friends, it had to be her," Lauren grumbled.

"Jesus Christ, Lauren. How many times do I have to tell you. I didn't hit on her. I meant to text someone else," I groaned in frustration.

Mackenzie had obviously told Lauren of our encounter, if that's what it could be called, and ever since then, Lauren had been lecturing me about how it was a problem when I hit on her friends.

"But y'all are apparently friends now!" She grumbled. "And.." I trailed, raising my eyebrows.

"Friends lead to relationships. Relationship, with you, lead to heartbreak," she stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Elaborate."

"When was the last time you had a friend, who was a girl, who you were just friends with?" Lauren challenged.

I opened and closed my mouth a couple of times, trying to think back. "Uh.."

"Exactly. It hasn't happened. And what's the longest relationship you've had?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but Lauren did the honours.

"4 months. And what happened right after that? You went for another girl. What happened with her? You broke up. It's the same cycle over and over. Just because you're the heartthrob of our school doesn't mean you can go around and play with everyone's heart. Especially not Mackenzie's," Lauren glared at me.

"It kinda does, but why the hell are you so protective over her? I've literally never seen her.." I trailed.

Lauren didn't reply, and instead unlocked her phone. I watched her open her camera roll and scroll for a bit, before she turned her phone towards me.

"Damn," I began. "No. Not happening," Lauren narrowed her eyes.

"But do you seriously not remember her?" she suspiciously eyed me.

"Why would I lie," I replied, flabbergasted at the suggestion.

"Our New Year's eve party last year. You even complimented her," Lauren reminded me. I shook my head, having no recollection of the incident.

"Well, that's not the problem here. Just don't break her heart. And by that I mean don't flirt with her. Don't tease her. Don't-"

"Don't plan on. I have my eyes on someone else," I smirked, cutting Lauren off. "Yeah, well I don't care. Now get your lazy ass up and help," Lauren groaned, attempting to pull me up from the couch.

She was throwing this party for her school friends; Apparently she had those. Shocking, I know.

I tugged my hand away from hers and flipped her off. "Not my party. Not my guests. Enjoy," I grinned.

"But you- You're still coming," Lauren snapped. "And Hayden," I added.

"I'm aware. Out of all your friends, you just had to pick the most immature one, didn't you?" She raised her eyebrows, while I nodded, grinning.

She rolled her eyes, but I caught the glimmer of her smile as she turned around.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
i hv such mixed feelings about this book 🥺
also longer chapters soon <3

[ 528 words ]