Chapter 2

"Yu He," a man's voice called.

"Yes, father?" the young man replied.

The Right Prime Minister couldn't help but sigh. "Do not disappoint me. This is the palace so leave your desires behind." he reminded him before walking on ahead to the morning court meeting with the other officials and the king.

The young man scoffed under his breath and followed behind reluctantly.

He was to be a future court official having been at the top of all his classes along with the Left Prime Minister's son as the only person who's ever been on par with him.

During the court meeting, concerns involving the other kingdoms came.

"Your Majesty, the Sui Kingdom is in need of our help to guard their borders." an official reported.

"Speak," the king said.

The official continued, "Its been written over to Your Majesty, that the same invaders that attacked the Jin Kingdom not too long ago are now targeting their kingdom. These people are from another nation not allied with neither of us Four Kingdoms." he spoke for everyone to hear.

The hand that the king had been leaning on, fell onto the rest and head lifted. "Give me a brief summary of the attack on the Jin Kingdom."

The same official nodded with a bow, "Yes, Your Majesty. Six years ago the invaders came abruptly and began to attack the borders. However, that was brought to a halt when the 4th prince led his own army to the borders to push them back. This lasted for at least three and a half years before the invaders finally admitted to defeat and left at the mercy of the 4th prince."

The king's finger tapped the arm rest as those words were spoke . "By my order, deploy troops to the Sui border. These invaders took almost four years to rid of, and that was by a single prince. If we take action now they can be gone in a faster period of time." he ordered.

Immediately, the official sent out an order by the king to ready the troops to be sent out.

"Are there any other reports to be given?" the king spoke.

With silence in the room, the Left Prime Minister gave a short bow to the King. "That was the last report, Your Majesty."

"Meeting adjourned." he ended and so he left with the officials giving their goodbyes, before leaving the room themselves.

"Fan He," a young man called to the Left Minister's son.

The man turned to meet with his competitor. "Yu He," he voiced.

Yu He chuckled with a smirk, "How's it tutoring the prince?" he asked.

Fan He sighed, "His Highness is doing great, although sometimes he can be.....a little moody." he couldn't quite find another word for that last part.

The Right Minister's son burst into laughter, "How exciting, the Left Minister's son is troubled." his voice sarcastic.

"Yu He if you're just going to bother me, please leave. I have a student to teach."

"So he is just a student then? How saddening, a one sided friendship." he mocked.

Fan He growled at his remarks, "His Highness is a friend of mines, but since I have been chosen with the honor of being his tutor, there will be times where I have to push our friendship aside and be his guide. Now, if you have nothing else better to say, I shall take my leave." he concluded and left without anymore to say.