Chapter 15

After leaving the Gem Palace, Fei Yang decided to set out beyond the wall and to the townsfolk. He needed answers and fast.

Leaving through the underground tunnels, he was now in the forest. Before he'd set off, he blew a whistle with his fingers. Just a few seconds, and a hawk that soared the night skies then landed on his arm.

This was his messenger hawk he brought from his kingdom.

Quickly, he placed his already written message into the carrier and there it flew back to the skies.

Fei Yang could only hope they receive it.

Getting off his horse, he tied the reins onto a tree. He was rather far from his destination, in order to keep a distance from his suspect.

It was the same horse he'd ridden to the Fan Manor having paid the same person he got it from.

Time passed, and he reached it.

The Yu Manor.

This was the residence of the Right Prime Minister. Something about this place didn't fit right with him, meeting their Young Master face to face.

At the back of the estate, was where all the servants lived. Just his head above the wall, he looked around the surroundings checking for any guards.

Seeing none, he scurried over and went to find that man's quarters. But before he could, he tied a mask around his face, concealing his identity.

Then, he sprung over the wall.

As soon as he met the grounds of the Yu family, he felt something come over him. Something about this palace, reeked of bitterness.

With quick light steps, he searched each building, looking for that man. At least five of these buildings had excessive weaponry, which wasn't necessary for someone such as the Right Prime Minister whose role is to be one of the king's advisors, and junior to the Left Prime Minister.

Yet why did he have to have so much of this?

Coming around to a building that was further away from the others, he went forward. This place looked more secluded.

It was nicely kept with a large garden out front and lanterns that lit the path.

Rather than enter through the front, he came through at the side. Landing, he couldn't help but notice a shadow running off.

His brow raised but he didn't follow. If he did, his search would end this instant.

Quietly, he entered the building at the window. Fei Yang looked around seeing how everything was so different here compared to the buildings he had just searched, and even the traditional Wei Kingdom constructions.

The space was larger, that's for sure, along with the fact that it seemed rather exotic.

In the rooms he passed, there was a bed in every one of them making it out to look like an inn.

"Strange"

Is what he thought as he passed them by.