☆47

Yuji gasped as she ran in after Donghyuck, his Mother lifeless as she hung from the ceiling, her face almost blue and her eyes shut tight

Her eyes downcasted to Donghyuck who fell onto his knees in front of his Mother, shock punching at every nerve. He sat emotionless, his heart being ripped out of his chest all at once.

His Mother killed herself.

Yuji's eyes watered and she placed a hand to her mouth, feeling the distraught disturbance of the sight in front of her rising up. Yet she pushed it away, kneeling in front of Donghyuck and gingerly placed a hand on his that rested on his knee.
He didn't respond, he didn't flinch at all. His eyes didn't move.

"D-donghyuck." Her voice wavered, trembling with grief and her heart was torn at his bracelet turning an agonising shade of Black, no longer Yellow.
"Hey..." She trailed off, trying to gain his attention yet his eyes stayed on his dead Mother. Yuji gulped and reached her hands up, cupping his cheeks and turning his head down towards hers.

His eyes levelled with hers and the void inside his scared her.
He was gone, he was no longer happy and playful, he was a ghost of who he used to be.
"Hyuck, hey listen to me okay-"
He didn't however.
He ripped himself away from her and turned on his heels, sitting himself in the car and driving off before she could even exit the house.

"What happened? Hey why are you crying- police what?" Renjun blurted out as he reached a trembling Yuji who stood on the pavement as the blue and red lights illuminated her skin

His hands rested on her shoulder, wanting to know what had happened.

"Yuji, what happened?" Chae eun asked concerned, watching as her best friend had tear streaks down her cheeks and nothing but a thin hoodie and some flimsy pajama bottoms.
"I-i, Donghyuck he-" Yuji stammered and Renjun's eyes caught sight of the stretcher that carried the lifeless woman.
Renjun gasped, recognising the woman from years ago.

"Is that..."
Yuji nodded, bottom lip trembling as tears gathered in her eyes. Renjun pulled his sister into his chest as she cried.
"I d-don't know where he i-is." She sobbed, feeling her heart clench as the taste of salty tears fell onto her taste buds.

Please come back
I need you
Please
Where are you Hyuck, let me come to you

She received no response and she coughed at the dryness of her throat, sniffling and rubbing her eyes, bloodshot and red.

Please

"What if something-""No Yuji, don't think like that

"No Yuji, don't think like that. He's probably taking time to process it." Renjun muttered, his neck craning out the car window to see if he could spot Donghyuck as he drove through the dark deserted streets.

Yuji sighed sadly, fists balling up and her nails indenting cresent moons on her palms. She groaned out of frustration and buried her face in her palms.
After losing all hope, the all too familiar taste of smoke lingered on her taste buds, followed by the bitterness of alcohol.

"School, go to school." Yuji blurted out, sitting up straighter and looking at Renjun to hurry.
"Wha-"
"Quick!" She pleaded, her hands shaking as she remembered the fact his brother had also committed suicide.
"Please hurry!"

The dark building loomed over him as he took another drag of the cigarette, coughing at the feeling of it.
"Guess what-" he coughed out, laughing to himself as he stumbled over a rock.
"Mum's dead."

The cold air stung the tears that fell and the grief poured down his throat in the form of alcohol.
"She's gone, just like you." He said, eyes dark and distant. He began to climb the staircase that had been temporarily made to the top of the building.

"You left, Mum left, why did you leave!" He exclaimed as he reached the top, dizzy and tired.
"WHY DID YOU LEAVE!" His voice screamed out, smashing the bottle on the floor.
"WHAT DID I DO? WHY DOES EVERYONE LEAVE ME!" His voice cracked, the emotions spilling out of him as he stumbled towards the edge of the roof. He looked down towards where his brother once layed and then a few metres away where he once stood.

"Did you also feel the cool breeze up here Dongyul, did you feel this empty when you jumped off." He sniffled, wiping his tears as his heart delved deeper into destruction.
"No one loves you Donghyuck, you don't deserve her- she's better off without you, they all are."

His foot stepped forward, the front of his shoe now slightly over the edge, his legs shaky and his breaths uneven.
The sound of feet pattering against the ground went unheard to him as he tilted his head up to the sky, the cold air hitting his face and the rain droplets began to fall.

"DONGHYUCK!" a voice screamed out, pain ridden and distraught. His head snapped down and his eyes landed on the girl who cried profusely, her world being ripped away from her as her soulmate stood one foot away from jumping.

 His head snapped down and his eyes landed on the girl who cried profusely, her world being ripped away from her as her soulmate stood one foot away from jumping