Chapter ten

The female sighed, "I would be happy to help but if you haven't noticed I need to protect my child

The female sighed, "I would be happy to help but if you haven't noticed I need to protect my child."

I groaned, "I need to go." I stood up and stumbled, the dry blood on my leg stood out in stark contrast against my pale skin. I started to undo the tsaheylu but the Thanator stopped me. "But I cannot let such a young child go out to the harsh world alone, We will come with you though it might take longer," I looked at the female, my eyes shining with hope, "but you have to promise a safe place for my family to rest."

I  nodded eagerly, and my face split into a wide smile.

The female roared at the others and slowly the each stood up. "Where do we even find the Omaticaya." I asked the female as they started moving towards the large, fallen tree. "We follow the scent." She said in an obvious tone.

~

I cringed at the destruction of my home. Massive leaves laid on the ash covered ground, splinters threatened to pierce my feet. But what scared me the most was a familiar body laying motionless. I bolted away from the group, their calls were heard but not listened to.

Skidding to a stop my heart stopped. My grandpa was there, lifeless with a large chunk of wood protruding out of his abdomen. I crumbled to the ground with a pitiful sob. He couldn't be dead. Not now... not when i needed his guidance.

I curled my body into the crook of his arm, seeking comfort from someone familiar.

I saw a shadow loomed over me and a gentle rumble was heard. Looking up I saw the sad face of the female Thanator. She pawed me away from the corpse.

I cried as I clung to her leg. How could the sky people be so cruel? I just wanted my happily ever after. Like the princesses in Jakes stories.

I stood up on my two shaky legs. "The sky people have done too many wrongs to this world." I said letting out a pathetic whimper, "we must gather the other creatures and fight for our home!"

The group roared and ran off. "Go! Find your friends! Lets meet back here at the rising of the sun tomorrow!"

I lead the pregnant female to the shade. "I'm so proud of you. But what about finding your family?" She looked at me with a confused look in her eye.

"They can wait. This can't."

I watched calmly as the sun rose high above the once proud tree. The golden rays lit up the forest in hope. Eywa sent me a sign last night. She showed me Neytiri and Jake gathering tens of thousands of Na'vi. And I've realized I must do the same.

Hundreds of animals gathered here in light of a new hope. "My friends, I'm so sorry for what the sky people have done to your home." I glared defiantly at my old home.

"But Eywa has sent me a sign. She has showed me that no matter the species, we are one." I paused to look around at the animals i have gathered. "The Na'vi cannot fight the sky people alone. We, as children of Eywa, must fight for our home as well."

My body felt warm with pride as they ran towards the fight and not away. We will win this war, no matter what.

————