16th Sword | Our Bonds

Five Lotus Town

"I think it's here...it should be at least." Tanjiro muttered as he and Kanao walked up to the Pagoda, knocking on the door.

"Come in." A muffled voice came from inside, Tanjiro and Kanao glancing at each other before nodding, opening the sliding door and walking into into the Pagoda.

However, the moment the two walked in, despite the seemingly normal, if not ornamented appearance that the inside of the Pagoda had, there was something else.

There was only one other person in the room.

"This scent...it's a demons!"

"His stature isn't human..."

Tanjiro and Kanao both stopped, placing their hands on the hilts of their swords.

"Welcome. What can I help you with today?" The boy in the Pagoda asked, turning around and seeing the two Demon Hunters.

"Oh...well, well, well. Looks like Zagan dying wasn't coincidence after all. Have we been found by the Hunters already? I guess it's time to begin the banquet of death once more, then. These human were quite interesting, but this is fine." The boy, Kinizu, smirked sadistically as he laughed into his closed fist.

"But I doubt you two managed to kill Zagan. After all, even if that oaf isn't the brightest, he is still a part of the Master's Five Lotuses. Although I guess I shouldn't just be idly chatting with you-" Kinizu spoke, leaning back a bit as Kanao's blade passed by where his head was moments prior.

"-since you've clearly got your goal already." Kinizu finished, leaping back away from Tanjiro's follow up strike, the two recovering next to each other.

"Oh, my. Don't you know you could kill someone with that?" Kinizu asked, feigning a shocked look.

"But don't worry, I'll make it fair! Let's see who's swordsmanship is better!" Kinizu laughed darkly, extending his hand as a dark blade manifested.

"He didn't even use a chant? Is that even a Blood Demon Art?" Kanao narrowed her eyes, unsure of what kind of enemy they were fighting.

"I'm Kamado Tanjiro! Today is your last day, Demon!" Tanjiro yelled as he brandished his own sword, rushing at Kinizu.

"Hahahaha! Come! Let's see if you're qualified to kill me, Demon Hunters!" Kinizu smirked, the blade in his hands swinging at Tanjiro despite the massive difference in distance.

"He's already swinging?" Tanjiro thought in surprise, only for his eyes to widen as the blade appeared in front of his face a second later, not giving him any time to react out of shock.

"Focus..." A ring ran out as Kanao deflected the sword with her own, the dark blade in Kinizu's hands massively extended.

"You don't have time for chitchat, Demon Hunters!" Kinizu snorted, his blade turning into a mirage as the massive dark blade assailed from all sides.

"Flower Breathing - Second Form: Plum Spirit." Kanao deflected the dark sword with her own, Tanjiro rushing past her.

"Dance of the Fire God: Waltz!" Tanjiro yelled as a blaze of flames roared to life on his sword, slashing at Kinizu.

"Fire and flowers? What is this, a Mario game?" Kinizu laughed dryly, backflipping away from the attack.

"Flower Breathing - Fifth Form: Peony of Futility." Kanao leaped at Kinizu, slashing at him in a flurry, clashing blades as she weaves around Kinizu's own strikes.