•5• You make me feel butterflies

While Mike and Will were talking on the brunette's bedroom Eleven decided to go to Max's house to have a sleepover, she had been sleeping on Max's house almost every day since they came back to Hawkins so this was their second sleepover of the week.

There they were, already on top of Max's bed talking.

"So he really likes Will?" Max asked to the brunette girl with an excited expression.

"He said he loves him" Eleven answered smiling a bit.

"So he really dumped you?" the redhead asked arching her eyebrow.

"Well, yes?" El asked, kinda confused by Max's question.

"And you don't feel bad about it?" Max asked frowning a little.

"Well Mike is cute and everything but he's just my first boyfriend after all." the brunette said, not really giving importance to the topic.

"So you want more?" the freckled girl asked raising her eyebrows.

"Sure, that's how it works right? And why are you asking so much questions?" Eleven asked confused and chuckling a bit, she was usually the one asking Max a bunch of things, not the other way around.

"Not-not necessarily. You don't just date for fun." Max explained, ignoring her friend's last question.

"Oh. Then how does it work?" the brunette asked tilting her head to the side in a confused manner.

"Well , you usually date when you like a person" the redhead explained.

"How do I know I like someone?" Eleven certainly knew the answer of this question, but she still wanted to hear what her friend had to say about it.

"Well... why did you like Mike?" The girl asked.

"Umm...he was the first boy I actually talked to, and the first that I kissed and he's someone that cares about me." Eleven said nodding and shrugging it off a little.

"Well what you need to do is find another person that cares about you, probably that has the same interests as you, same hobbies, someone you feel comfortable with, someone that makes you feel better when you're sad or upset, someone that understands you." Max described to El what love was for her.

"Someone like- someone like
y-you?" Eleven asked with a little grin. In fact, the brunette has been thinking of a way to tell Max if she wanted to be her girlfriend and she was glad that she could finally find the right moment, the girl has been waiting for a while now.

"What? No! No!" Max replied quickly shaking her head.

"Why no?" El said with a now sad face.

"Because- because it's different" the redhead tried to explain.

"Why?" Eleven asked, she didn't see what the difference was.

"Well, you date someone that you actually like, that you find attractive and that stuff" Max said, not really finding the sense on what she spoke, she just knew that her friend didn't mean to tell her she liked her back, it was impossible, probably the brunette just got confused on what a friendship and relationship was.

"I think you're really pretty" Eleven said smiling and looking at the redhead straight in her blue eyes.

"Well thanks" Max replied feeling her cheeks burning from the compliment, trying to hide her smile. "but it's sill different, we're friends and... well...I'm a girl" she insisted.

"Why is a problem you being a girl?" the brunette asked frowning.

"It's just that-that girls are supposed to like boys and boys to like girls" Max explained shrugging a little.

"And why does Will and Mike love eachother then?" Eleven asked confused, she really didn't see difference between someone girls or boys, it was just love, like Will told her.

"It's just that... there are some boys that like boys and some girls that like girls" the freckled girl tried to explain.

"What if I like girls, and boys?" Eleven asked.

"Y-you really like girls?" Max said with joy on her tone, she actually never thought El would like her back.

"I really like you! You make me feel butterflies!" Eleven exclaimed.

"Butterflies?" Max asked smiling and widening her eyes in confusion.

"Mike told me Will make him feel butterflies." Eleven said smiling too.

"Oh, well... You make me feel butterflies too." Max finally admitted.

"That means we can date?!" Eleven exclaimed excitedly.

"It's just- it's really hard to explain actually" the redhead replied sadly.

"Why?" the brunette frowned.

"It's just that girls dating girls is not...well seeing, you know? they call them 'gross' and stuff." Max said rolling her eyes, remembering how some girls at school used to call her.

"So Will and Mike are gross? Am I gross?" El asked frowning her eyebrows.

"No! No no no one is gross! People call them like that but that's bullshit." the older girl said, not wanting for her friend to be more confused in the topic.

"So we can't date?" Eleven asked, her mood dropping slightly.

"Umm I-I" Max started, unsure of what to answer.

"You still like Lucas?" Eleven asked, thinking that was the reason why the redhead wouldn't agree to date her.

"No, I mean, we've break up multiple times and-" Max started but quickly got interrupted by her friend.

"If you date me, we wouldn't break up multiple times." Eleven said with a grin, making the freckled girl chuckle, even though it didn't reach her eyes.

"El look I don't want to get hurt again, I don't want you to get hurt" Max said, not wanting El to go through the same she got through the last months in school, girls bullied her, calling her rude nicknames.

"What are you talking about?"

"El if we do this, we'll have to hide it, you dating me is not the same as you dating Mike" Max explained carefully.

"So if we keep this a secret, we can date?!" Eleven asked, filled by hope once again.

"I-I don't-"

"Please!" El begged.

Max cursed under her breath and frowned her eyebrows, then she looked back to El

"You know what? fuck everyone else, let's fucking date!" Max said making El squeal in excitement.

"So we're girlfriends now?!" Eleven said smiling like never before.

"Hell yes!!" Max said smiling too and placed a hand on top of the brunette's, squeezing it tightly.

° . 🧚‍♀️ . * 🍓 ° . 🧸 *
1045 words

Edited: April 20th
6:40 pm