Chapter Nine

Overall, you thought that your visit with Nighteye went pretty well. It took him a bit to warm up to the fact that you were actually from another universe, but after he did, he started giving you theories as to how you could have come here. You nodded along to all of them, mentally taking notes. Mirio stayed outside, just in case you once again pulled up with a spoiler that would give him information he didn't need to know.

Eventually, you had asked the dreaded question.

"I know that people are going to die," you had said. "I don't remember a lot, just tidbits. Both sides, heroes and villains... they lose a lot of people. What do I do? Do I just sit there and watch it happen? Is it possible for me to save them?"

Nighteye was silent for a few minutes. He almost looked sad. "That is the curse of knowing the future. You cannot stop death. It will always be substituted in some way. Attempting to trifle with fate will only hurt you."

Even with his warning, you were unsure. You just didn't think that you were capable of just... watching people die. Of letting them. You had a savior complex- and a bad one. Part of you wanted to believe that Mirio was right- that you were given this power for a reason. You wanted to argue against Nighteye, but deep down, you knew he was right. But him being right didn't stop you from feeling conflicted. You'd just nodded, unsure of what to say.

That's when Mirio came back into the room. He motioned to his watch, telling Sir Nighteye that it was about time for you guys to go. Apparently, it was getting late.

Nighteye agreed, giving you his agency's contact information to keep in touch about your situation. According to him, he was going to help you research the multiverse theory, and also reach out to a few contacts he had who worked with the hero commission to see if there was anything going on there that might've triggered you to be transported here.

With that, you left with Mirio, getting into the passenger's seat of his bright red car. He'd told you that it was a gift to him from his parents for his eighteenth birthday. You both idly chatted on the way home, with him asking how it had gone with Nighteye. You gave him a brief explanation, leaving out where you'd dug into his past with All Might.

"This is good!" Mirio had said. "Sir is going to be great help. I can feel it in my heart!"

Well, so long as he didn't die, you thought to yourself. You were extremely tempted to save him. And by extremely tempted, you meant that you were going to do it. You were determined to. You didn't remember how he died or who killed him, but that wouldn't be too difficult, would it? You were certain that you would remember it before the moment came to pass. Besides, you had the time. To your knowledge, he still had a while ahead of him before he kicked the bucket.

You'd directed him to Aizawa's house, using the directions that the old man had texted you as a way home. When you'd arrived, Mirio had stopped you from getting out of the car immediately, sheepishly asking for your number. You'd gladly obliged, happily putting your number into his phone.

You couldn't help but be a little thrilled. You knew that it was purely platonic, but a cute boy asking for your number was enough to make you a little bit excited. He had laughed at your enthusiasm, matching your energy as he put his own contact into your phone. It was nice- the small exchange.

After that was finished, you got out of the car, waving him goodbye as he drove off. You didn't see his goofy grin as he drove back home, or the way that he pumped his fists in the air when he got out of the car at the UA dorms. No, you didn't see any of that. Mirio knew that you were from another universe, but he couldn't quite help getting a crush on you anyways. But you didn't need to know that. He'd just focus on helping you find a way home instead. After all, he wanted to be a hero, and that's what heroes did.