Cold Fury

Jack's POV

I left the museum. I feel so numb. So much was taken from me before I was born...in the name of goodness!? Auradon thought they had done the right thing to cripple me and kill Mommy and my sister!?

"JACK!"  My father's voice barked in my head.

"Agh!" I grunt. I'll never get used to Daddy's power of being able to talk to me through my fear emotion. "What? I got what we came for, Daddy. I'm on my way-"

"DON'T COME BACK! GET AIRBORNE IMMEDIATELY!"

"What?"

"DO IT!"

Daddy sounded scared-angry. I fly up.

"Are you in the air?" 

"Yeah...why?"

"Stay where you are. If you see a purple dragon however, duck into the clouds!"

"Daddy, what happened?"

"Details later!"

What happened? I nervously scan the clouds. Purple dragon? Did Daddy mean Mal?

Something tapped my shoulder!

"YAAAH!" I release a bolt of ice. A black sand shield blocked it. "Daddy." I sigh in relief.

"Good reflexes."

"What's going on?"

"Mal and her VK group ambushed Hades, Roxanne, and Lucy on the Isle. Mal took the ember and sealed up the magic barrier."

"How did they-"

"Evie's magic mirror. The Auradon Guards have already captured Gru and Dru. And as we speak they are hauling them as well as everyone back at Nightmare Castle back to the Isle." Daddy said this in an icily cold tone.

I know what this means: We're on our own again.

Then I notice several figures approaching us. A huge purple dragon, North's sleigh, Uncle Sandy on a cloud of dreamsand, and an Auradon Guard helicopter.

"Daddy..."

"I know."

"What do we do?"

"There's very little we can do."

"What?" No.

"It's alright, Jack. I have one last trick to use." Daddy hurled a giggantic cloud of nightmare sand at our opponents. I could see Uncle Sandy already trying to convert it to dreamsand.

"Ummm. That's not gonna hold."

"Good thing that's not the trick. Hand me the Enchanted Rose." 

I remove the flower from the satchel. Daddy seeps some of his shadows into the rose and then smushes it on my staff handle. It glowed, then the glow crept on me.

"(Gasp)" I was invisible. And the Daddy reached for my arm. His hand passed through it!

"What happened!?" I cried. Why was I like....a ghost?

"Calm down. It's a new power. I unlocked it. You can become has invisible and intangible as the wind now. It can be undone. Don't worry."

"Ok. How does this help us?"

"Not us. You."

"What?"

"I've done all I can, Jackson. Now it's up to you. For both of us."

"You sound like you're saying goodbye."

"I am. There's no way I can escape. But you, with this new power; you can."

"Daddy, no. I don't wanna be alone."

"If all goes as it should, you won't be alone, Child. And if you are free, then so am I."

I hug him tightly

I hug him tightly. I don't wanna do this, but like always, there ain't no choice.

I fly away, as Daddy instructed, invisible to everyone but him

I fly away, as Daddy instructed, invisible to everyone but him. Before I was out of the area, I saw Uncle Sandy shoot Daddy down.

A small tear trickles down my cheek. I'll make 'em all pay!

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Author's Note: I apologize for the delay of this chapter. I hope it was worth the wait. So now, Jack is on his own and out for revenge! What do think he's gonna do next?

Also I'd like you all to check out my dear friend, Jenny TJ's book: Unbreakable. It is a touching original work. I recommend you try it out and vote for it.

Please vote, comment, and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗🤗🤗