19. Cold blood pt. 1

Hopper wheeled Jamie in and nodded at the receptionist.

"Im pretty sure you know where you're going", she smiled as she nodded towards everyone else.

"Chief-o!", Owens loudly greeted Hopper as he entered through the double doors. "Good morning everyone", Owens said nodding to the rest of the family.

Everyone followed Owens into his office and sat down as Owens opted to sit on the front of his desk. Steve sat on the edge so that he would still be able to hold Jamie's hand while resting his arm comfortably on the arm of the wheelchair.

"Hello, Jamie", Owens said as Jamie still had her hood covering her eyes.

Jamie's only response was a quick smile. Owens gave Joyce and Hopper a look questioning the hoodie, but Hopper only shrugged and shook his head indicating Owens to not even bother her about it.

"So... what exactly are you going to be doi-", Joyce started to ask before Owens finished her sentence.

"Well I'm gonna have her see the gynecologist but first I need to ask her a few questions."

"Ok", Hopper nodded as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his kees.

"Uh... normally the questions that I'm about to ask are supposed to be in private if the child is over 12", Owens said akwardly as he looked at Joyce and Hopper.

"Oh... um I don't think thats's a good-", Hopper stuttered before Joyce stood and grabbed his arm.

"Sure, doc. We'll be waiting right outside", Joyce said as he pulled Hopper's and Steve's arm and bolted towards the door.

Jamie quickly pulled her hood from over her eyes the moment her and Steve's hands broke apart. Jamie quickly stood from the chair to retreat, but Joyce quickly met her halfway and urged her to sit back down.

"Its okay, sweetie. He's just going to ask you a few questions. We'll be right outside the door", Joyce said pointing towards the door. "If you get scared, or if you need me you just call me and I'll come right in, okay?", she finished as she hugged Jamie.

When Steve saw that Jamie still looked unsure about the situation, he fumbled in his pocket and pulled out his black sunglasses.

"Here. You can put these on. Sometimes they makes me feel like I'm hidden when wearing them", he said as he bent over and placed his glasses on Jamie's face.

Jamie adjusted the glasses and then put her hood back on. Steve smiled at her before squeezing her hand.

"I'm gonna be right outside the door okay? I'll be there when you come out. Promise", he said as he placed his hands in his pocket and stood between Hopper and Joyce.

Jamie nodded as everyone left. She took a deep breath and counted to ten as she looked around the room in search of a two way mirror or projector.

"Alright, Jamie. When was your last menstrual cycle?", Dr. Owens said as he gave Jamie a stress ball to keep her hands busy.

"About a month ago maybe?", Jamie said fiddling with the ball.

"Is it normally late?"

"No. It should be coming in a few days."

"Ok. What I'm gonna do is have you take a pregnancy test, okay?", Owens said as he pulled a specimen cup from the cabinet and a pulled a test from the drawer.

"Why do I need to take a test?", Jamie questioned as she tossed the ball back and forth in her hands.

"Uhhh.... Do you remember what happened before your dad brought you home yesterday?", Owens asked somewhat uncomfortably.