XXXIV.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ a darker time is about to begin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
a darker time is about to begin.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

NIGHT CAME quickly, there little time now to back down or make changes, but none of that was ever needed before. the usual line of fancy cars started to trail from the valet station, a river of riches flowing from the crowd of guests showing their invitations to be granted access into the usan.

those inside were already holding champagne glasses and conversations about the arts and jewels shipped in, now sitting happily on display. taehyung had yet to see them, only the fake ones that were once in a lab but now hidden in one of the suite rooms. he had just gotten dressed, a usual suit and tie to fit in the crowd. the small box was on the dresser, calling his name. the little voice in his was also calling his name, "taehyung, you gotta get going. sunwoo and seohyun just left the room, go up the east stairs." he instructed.

the nervous feeling was finally coming back, sitting nicely in the bottom of his tummy as he took a deep breath and slipped the box into his jacket pocket. "east stairs." he said to himself, leaving his suite to walk down the hall that he's traveled many times before. it felt different this time though.

all he was doing was pretending this was a game, or a movie, and he was the cool handsome main character about to conquer all. "what if it's not there?" he whispered. suddenly a bunch of scenarios ran through his mind where he gets caught and thrown into a endless pit of darkness and consequences. "oh my god yoongi i'm going to die."

"no ones dying." yoongi said. this definitely caught the attention of multiple people in the room with the quiet boy sitting at the computer.

"what the hell is he saying?" jungkook came walking over with long strides, leaning over the back of the couch to look at the computer screens and footage of the brunette just now disappearing into the suite room. "he's just nervous be quiet, you'll make it worse." yoongi covered the mic so the boy couldn't hear the ravenette starting to lose his mind.

"tell him to come back." jungkook wasn't about to stop talking just yet.

"no."

"dude."

"shut up, let him focus, you child." yoongi scolded the younger that was insistent on pestering him with questions and a tone of authority. he was still the boys hyung and jungkook needed to learn to relax sometimes.

"it's kind of brilliant." namjoon said. maybe if he changed the subject and started talking about something else, the ravenette would ease up a bit. "using the large diamond on the l'incomparable diamond necklace as the rock for the engagement ring." he said, it was a genuine compliment. sometimes he wished he could think of the things the boy thought of.