Spy for a spy

Season 4, episode 5.

Words: 2K (I'm so sorry.)

The remaining elemental masters are sitting on a table, being served food. A kabuki walked to Lloyd and offered horned wasp eggs.

"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" Chen called out, smiling and rubbing his tummy.

"Uh, I think I'll pass." Lloyd said, shoving the kabuki out of the way.

"Oh, lighten up, green ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the nine of you making it to the second round." Chen made the Kabuki laugh. "And I must congratulate the Master of shadow's defeat over Master of poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" The Kabuki laugh again. "Laugh harder! Hahahaha!" The kabuki forced a harder laugh.

"You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance." Kai reassured the green ninja.

"I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade." Turner whispered, pointing at the eating master of shadow.

"Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome." Garmadon replied, looking at Chen.

A kabuki walked in, holding fortune cookies.

"Ooh, fortune cookies! Bring them to me!" Chen exclaimed and the kabuki walked over to him.

"But they are for your captured-I mean, honored guests." Clouse replied, as the elemental masters kept whispering to each other.

"I'm not gonna eat them, Clousey Clouse. Just read the fortunes. They're my favorite part." He was about to open a fortune cookie, as Clouse spoke up again.

"Might I warn you our guests are fond of whispering, and I don't think it's about your food. I've heard word they have allied themselves. The Ninja have told them about our secret ceremony."

"Do they know about the spell?" Chen asked nervously.

"Not yet, but we must get ahead of this."

Chen puts the cookie back, which the Kabuki brings to the Masters. "It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power. I am." Everyone gasped, "But it's all for this staff." He claps, and the Kabuki waves their hand fans. "No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff." The staff is brought to him. "The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago!" He announced, making everyone whisper again.

"You lied. What about the spell?" Lloyd asked.

"Spell? What spell?" Clouse acted surpised.

"Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it. Tell them what you saw, Neuro."

Clouse stares at the master of mind. "I-I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff."

"And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?" Turner asked, annoyed.

"It worked. Their alliance is crumbling." Clouse whispered to Chen, smirking.

"So much for the alliance." Garmadon said.

"They believe him over us?" Lloyd asked, sighing.

A Kabuki starts fanning too close to Jay. "If we're gonna convince anyone, argh, we need proof. Ugh. We need too, oh, find that spell. Would you cut it out!?" He yelled, annoyed. The kabuki revealed herself to be Nya.