three

Mike was focused on (Y/n) the whole time. How she bit her lip when she was focusing. How she bopped her head to the tune. How she tapped her foot to the melody.

A bigger crowd had gathered, and Mike was pushed towards the middle.

"Alright, thank you guys. This next song is called Mary On A Cross," Rosie announced.

She started singing, but Mike didn't really pay attention. His eyes were glued to (Y/n).

The rest of the party walked up next to Mike, their energy uneasy.

"Mike..." Max said quietly. She noticed that Mike was looking at (Y/n) the same way he looked at Eleven.

"What?" Mike asked.

"What about El?" Max squeaked, not wanting to make him angry. Mike groaned and slapped his hand over his forehead. Lucas and Dustin exchanged nervous looks.

"I'll deal with it later," Mike said.

The song ended and the band walked off the stage, into a trailer.

A trailer? Why do they have a trailer? Mike thought to himself.

He awkwardly walked through the crowd, ignoring the pleads from the party. With a sigh, he walked up to the trailer and knocked on the door. Bella answered.

"Wh- oh, hey Wheeler!" She said happily. Mike and Bella were friends, they just weren't close.

"Hey Bella. Is, uh, (Y/n) there?" Mike asked, his hands in his pockets. Bella flashed him a confused look before looking back into the trailer.

"Yo (Y/n)? You have a visitor," Bella said. She smiled at Mike before walking back into the trailer.

(Y/n) stepped into the doorframe, confused.

"Uh, hi," she said, not knowing who Mike was.

"Oh! Uh, hey! I saw you at the arcade the other day," Mike said. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow and leaned against the doorframe of the trailer.

"Oh really?" She asked, creeped out.

"Y-Yeah. I was wondering. Are you new to town?" Mike said, fiddling with his sleeve.

"Kind of. I was born here, but left. I'm back now," (Y/n) said awkwardly.

"Hey (Y/n), we gotta go," Rosie said, poking her head out of the door.

"Shit. Sorry kid. I'll, uh, see you. I guess," (Y/n) said, closing the door.

"What was that about?" Rosie asked.

"I have no idea," (Y/n) said.

"That was Mike Wheeler. I think he's got a hard on for (Y/n)," Bella said with a smirk.

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend?" Rosie asked.

"That didn't stop him from flirting with me in math last week," Bella said jokingly. (Y/n) smacked her on the arm before sitting on the couch in the trailer.

"Why did he want to see me? I've never talked to him before," (Y/n) said.

"Like I said. He probably saw you somewhere and thought you were hot," Bella said with a shrug. Rosie rolled her eyes and walked to the front of the trailer.

"Wait, are we leaving?" Sammie asked, running out of the bathroom.

"Yep. Stay strapped or get clapped," Bella said, putting her seatbelt on. (Y/n) giggled and looked through the crack in the blinds on the window behind her. She watched as Mike walked back towards his friends.

She noticed another girl and two boys. The girl had fiery red hair and pale skin. One boy had dark skin and dark, but friendly eyes. The other boy had curly brown hair and a friendly face.

"Who are they?" (Y/n) asked quietly.

"Max Mayfield, Lucas Sinclair, and Dustin Henderson," Sammie replied, peeking out the window. The trailer started moving, driving away.

"Don't worry. You'll get to talk to your boyfriend when you start school at Hawkins High," Bella mocked.

"Shut up. Didn't Rosie say that he has a girlfriend?" (Y/n) asked, a blush creeping to her face.

"Let's ignore that for now. Come on, you were totally into him," Bella said.

"Leave her alone, Bella. She's too ashamed to admit that she found Frog-Face Wheeler attractive," Sammie said.

"Are we in seventh grade? No one calls him that anymore. He's cute now," Bella said. The two girls argued back and forth as (Y/n) spaced out, deep in thought.

"What the hell was that? You went to her trailer?" Dustin asked.

"Shut up. I just asked if she was new in town," Mike said, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"Uh, yeah. You probably looked like a total creep!" Lucas yelled. Max sighed to herself and looked down at the ground.

She had already lost most of her family, she didn't want to lose her new family too.

"Can we please stop fighting?" She asked quietly. The boys stopped arguing mid-sentence and looked at her.

"Of course. Sorry," Mike said.

"Let's just go home. Mike, you need to work out your feelings," Max said calmly. Mike nodded and walked towards the direction of the exit.

"He totally digs her," Dustin said.

"What is he gonna say when El comes back?" Max asked.

"No idea. Hopefully he talks to her when he gets home and realizes he loves her," Lucas said.

"What if that doesn't happen?" Max asked, stepping in front of the other two boys and facing them.

"What do you mean?" Dustin asked softly.

"What if... what if he dumps her? What if she never comes back here because of it? I lost my brother, I can't lose my best friend too," Max said, trying not to tear up.

"Hey, hey. It'll be alright. He won't dump her. I think Mike just needs time to think about all of this, you know?" Lucas said calmly. Max nodded and smiled.

"Alright, let's get out of here," Dustin said, walking towards the exit.