Chapter 22.

ALESSANDRA

After we got back to the mansion I spent the rest of the day sleeping while Emiliano worked at the office. I couldn't keep up with his stamina after what happened in the plane I could barely walk, but he was ready to work. He even asked me to meet him his office for more.... Sorry. That's not happening.

The next day I was busy getting ready for the gala when Emiliano walked in. He was clad in a dark navy suit and black shirt, matching my dress. I giggled when I noticed the bowtie he was wearing was the one I bought him.

The gala was one for all the mafia leaders of the world to form alliances with one another, and there are a lot of mafias. I was scared someone would recognize me as Alessandra Rousso instead of Rivera. And there was a high chance my father would be there.

I was so confused. I didn't know if I could still act indifferent toward him after everything his been put through to keep me safe. I guess there are always 2 sides to a story.

But I had spent over 10 years believing my father abandoned me, that he didn't love me, that my mother didn't love me. I had spent so many years alone and scarred, that I couldn't believe that my father could actually care about me.

I sighed letting Florentina finish my make up.
Emiliano sat watching the entire time, probably turned on knowing him, and counting the hours he could rip the dress off of me.

In less that an hour we were in th car and on our way to the gala, followed by a car full of bodyguards.

Through the entire drive Emiliano didn't stop asking for a kiss, but I didn't want to mess up my lipstick.

"Baby, my love, please just one kiss, or a peck. I'm going to have a heart attack ... You look too good for my health" in all my months of being held captive I had never once heard Emiliano sound so much like a child than he does now.

"Alessandra." he said, suddenly sounding very serious. "When we get there you must remain silent by my side at all times. Do not leave my side for even second, and I mean it" he said his face dangerously serious.

"I understand, don't worry", I said hugging him.

"Can I get a kiss as well?" he asked with big round eyes.
I glared at him already shaking my head, but before I knew it his lips were on mine, dominant and controlling as off he was marking me with a kiss.

"Don't do anything stupid" he said as a final warning before we entered the venue.

I gulped at the amount of people I recognized at first glance. Their were so many.

The western mafia from America's second in command Dixon Andrews had me kill his brother to get all his fathers inheritance.

Ling Mi Chen, the Chinese drug dealer had me take out many of his customers when they didn't pay, he used me almost every half a year.

Alexa Dobrev, a Russian prostitute had me kill her husband so she could get his money and take over the mafia.

There were so many of them.

A few people were dancing in the middle of the room with some talking around and eating the snacks.
I didn't even notice when Emiliano stopped walking and started speaking to a man I didn't know.

Emiliano was cold and distant through the entire conversation, not even smiling once.
He kept his hand in my lower back the entire time not letting me go.

Suddenly the room became quite as someone began speaking on stage. I kept my gaze on the people around who were listening intently as the man welcomed someone else into the stage. We all found our seats and got comfortable. Some people eating the snacks off the table.

My heart froze dead as I heard the familiar voice of my father sounding through the room. He spoke slowly, his every word resonating power. I felt myself start to sweat as his eyes landed on me for a brief second, then widened a fraction of a millimeter with surprise, but he continued his speech perfectly moving his gaze away from me.

Emiliano noticed his gaze kept falling to me and he immediately narrowed his eyes into a glare, his arm tightening around me.

"I need to go to the bathroom" I whispered looking up at him. He analyzed me long for any hint of a lie or anxiety, but finally nodded when he saw nothing. It didn't take me long to walk up the stairs down the second corridor and take the first door on the left. Nope, not long at all.

I used the bathroom and stood staring at myself for a few seconds before washing my hands and turning to leave. I jumped in surprise when I saw a man blocking the door. At first I thought he was here to pee like me, but the I realized this was the woman's bathroom and immediately became guarded.

"Excuse me Sir, but this is the ladies bathroom" I said watching him cautiously. He gave me a sloppy smirked before taking a few steps closer.

"Is it now?" he asked sarcastically as he backed me into the corner.

This bitch better be careful if he knows what's good for him! My subconscious yelled in my head and I couldn't have agreed more.

"Take one more step and I'll fucking kill you" I growled standing my ground.

But he didn't listen and grabbed my wrist in a tight grip. I scowled and grabbed the knife in my dress.

Just as I was about to teach him a lesson, Emiliano walked in. He stared at the man and then at his grip on my wrist and then at my knife. His gaze instantly became icy as the man froze in his spot letting me go like I burnt him.

"Mr. K-King. What are you doing here?" the man questioned in fear. Emiliano grabbed him by his shirt and forced him closer to whispered something in his ear.

The man gulped in fear before running out the bathroom in fear, leaving me to deal with the beast.

I wish I knew what Emiliano said.

For a sooner update this chapter needs:

850 READS

60 VOTES (this one is a stretch😂)

10 COMMENTS