scene 39- help

"Twilight?"
Time's voice was only a whisper.
"I think you should take him to his Zelda at some point. I think she should know about this. It doesn't have to be now."
Twilight nodded.

The moon was high in the night sky, and Twilight was still sitting by Wild. He couldn't bear to leave him here, but he also didn't want to bother him. He knew that Wild wouldn't be able to tell if his body was being moved. He was.... gone.

He couldn't say the word. He didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to tell himself that Wild was really......

Twilight closed his eyes, his hands clasped together tightly. He couldn't bear to see Wild's lifeless eyes staring at him. He didn't want to touch Wild, either. He didn't want to feel the coldness of... of....
Oh, why bother?

The image of Wild lying on the ground, bleeding from the chest wouldn't get out of his head. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He'd see it when he closed his eyes, and when he opened them, he'd see Wild lying there.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. Time. Twilight sighed. Why did this have to happen?
"You should go get some rest. I'll take care of this. I'll bring him back and watch him."
All Twilight could do was nod. He slowly stood up and walked back to camp.

Time gently shut Wild's eyes and picked him up. He was cold. Of course. The knife fell out of Wild's hand and onto the ground. Time bent down and picked it up before putting in his pocket. He'd either dispose of it later or have Twilight give it to Wild's Zelda.

He carried Wild closer to camp, but not into it. The others wouldn't like that much. Especially not Wind.

Wind was extremely upset by this turn of events, to the point where he wouldn't do much. When asked if he was okay, he would only respond with, "It's not real," or, "I must be dreaming," or something along those lines. He refused to believe it. Hopefully he'd be better by morning.

Time set Wild down on the ground, far enough away from camp that you wouldn't be able to see him well from camp, but close enough to where Time could see the camp.

He sat down and closed his eyes. Nothing would disturb Wild while he was here.

●●●

Today was the day. He'd bring Wild back to his Hyrule.

As Twilight lifted up the body, he flinched. Wild was so stiff and cold. Time gave him Wild's things. He also gave him the knife, instructing him to give it to Wild's Zelda.

As he held the knife, which was covered in dried blood, he blinked several times, trying to hold back tears.

He couldn't cry. Not now. Not when Wild- no, Wild's Zelda- needed him. He straightened up and nodded to Time. He could do this.

Time handed him Wild's sword, so he could get to Wild's Hyrule. He took it and hesitated before pushing it into the ground.

~

He appeared in a field with the ruins of a city nearby. There were people in the ruins- likely rebuilding it. He quickly headed over in that direction, calling for Zelda. She'd likely be over there.

He was right. She was giving someone instructions, pointing to a different person.

He noticed that several people were giving him weird looks. It made sense. He was pretty suspicious. Holding the hero, who had a stab wound. Of course that would be odd.

He ran over to Zelda and nearly bumped into her.
"Hello- oh my goddesses! What happened?"
He caught his breath before answering.
"He- well- um... we need to talk in private."
"Okay. Li- right. I guess I don't need a guard."

Zelda led him outside the ruins and asked,
"So, what happened?"
"He- he..."
Tears were forming in his eyes. He let them fall. He didn't care if Zelda noticed. He took a deep breath and resumed what he was saying.
"He did this to himself."
"He what?"
"He- he s-stabbed himself."
"What? Why? Why would he do that?"
"I-I don't know." He looked down. "I should have been paying more attention."

He rested Wild on his knee and pulled the knife out of his pocket. He could have put Wild down, but he didn't want to. He felt like he couldn't do that. He couldn't let go yet.
He handed the knife to Zelda, saying,
"I guess I should give this to you."
She took it from him and examined it. She ran her finger down the blade, ignoring the dried blood coating it.

"Why..." she whispered.   "Why would he do this?"
"I don't know. I really wish I did, because then I might have been able to prevent it."
There was a silence, which Twilight broke with a whisper.
"I'm sorry."

Zelda blinked a few times before burying her face into Wild's chest. Then, she jerked her head up, eyes wide. She stared at Wild, a shocked look on her face. Twilight looked at him as well and noticed that he was glowing with a faint blue-green light. He was lifted up slightly, and a Zora spirit floated around him.

"Take care of him, both of you..."
Her voice was gentle and soft. The end of the sentence trailed off as she faded away, but it was clear what she said.

Wild slowly fell back into Twilight's arms. It took a moment for him to notice, but he saw that Wild was breathing again. Zelda laughed, relieved.
"Yes! Mipha! Thank you, thank you so much."

She hugged Wild gently, and for a long time. Once she finished, she nodded to Twilight and they headed off to Kakariko. The rebuilding of Castle Town would have to wait.