Chapter 2

Then someone shout from outside "The 4th prince is coming in!"
I lift my head up.
What do they want?
The doors open, there I see a handsome young man with beautiful fair skin and board shoulders along with 3 ladies that has lots of make up on as if trying to look their best and get people's attention. They walk in my room, Lin bow 90 degrees to them.

"Concubine Liling, we heard you have woken up for your illness." said one of those ladies in a unpleasant tone.

Out of nowhere, Flashback occurred with my head began to have sharp pain spreading.

"I heard chatter while I turn back to see the 4 ladies behind me as one of them push me into the frozen pond. The ice broke and my body fell in."

I shake my head a bit.
What the heck was that? Was that this person memories?
Oh, so these ladies trying to make it like they didn't push me huh....

I gave them a sour look. Okay, I'll play like that......

"Yes,..... and what bring you people here." I said in a unpleasantly as well but still in a humble way.

"We came to check on how are you feeling." said other lady with unpleasant tone.

"I'm feeling better, so you don't have to check on me. It was a waste of time to come here." I said.

"Don't say that the 4th prince came here to just see you." said other lady in such a fake tone.

I glance at the 4th prince, who was not paying attention.

"And your point is..." I said dully.

Everyone looked shocked, expect for the 4th prince while he stared at me but I did not care.

Once they all left and it was just me and Lin.

"My lady, are you feeling well? '' she ask.

"Of course. Why?'' I said.

"Because you always wanted the 4th prince to notice you and pay attention to you." she said.

"Ugh! No thanks." I said as I rolled my eyes.

Lin gave me worried face expression.

"Don't worry, I don't need the prince's attention." I said with a fake smile.

"Okay.." she said still concern.

"So when dinner?" I ask as I became hungry.

"Let me talk to the cooks." said Lin as she left.

I got up from the seat and walk around to see the room. It's a beautiful traditional room that's has flowers and candles.
*Sigh* So I have to stay here for awhile until I go home.

"Lady Liling,"said Lin and walks in.

"Yes," I said as I turn back.

"The food is ready," she said.

"Oh, okay." I said and went back to sit down.

"Don't you want to join the rest of them?" she ask.

"Who's them?"I said confused.

"The 4th prince and the other concubines? Are you sure you're okay, Lady Liling?" she said.

"Yeah, I just forgot." I lied.

"And no. I'll eat here." I said.

"Yes, lady Liling. Let me go tell the cooks and the 4th prince." she said as she once again disappeared.

I once again thought to myself.
I wonder how this person was like?
So one whole year until winter. So I just have to stay low until I can go back home.

Then she came back with other servants carrying plates of food as they set it down on the table. I looked at the delicious food in the table. All the servants left the room and close the door behind them.I pick up the chopsticks and analyzed the food. Lin was about to leave.
"You not joining me?" I ask.

"It will not be right." she said.

"Come on. Join me there's too many food to eat." I said.

"I couldn't." She said.

"Come on." I said as she reluctantly came over and sat down.

I began to eat and she just gave me the weird look while she ate little as possible.

After eating, I lie in bed looking up.
One whole year..... I miss you, mom... and everybody else ..... I wonder how they are doing?
I sit up and got off this flat uncomfortable bed. I went to the closed window. I unhook the lock as I pulled open the window. I looked at the quiet night as a light cool breeze blew in the room. I looked up at the clear bright moon in the sparkling sky.
mom........ dad...... I want to go home........

Then I heard people talking as they were passing by my room. There I see two of the concubines talking one another.
"Did you hear that concubine Liling woke up for her illness. Took her so long to wake up she was barely in the water that long." gossip the concubines.

"Of course, but I think she was just trying to get attention from the 4th prince." said the other.

"Of course she is, look at her!" said the concubines as they both does a ugly laugh.

Wow, just wow.
I chuckled to myself. They walk pass and soon there no one to be seen.

Well, that made my mood better I guess.
I was about to close the window; when I heard people talking again coming towards my direction.
There I see the figures, it was the 4th prince and this another guy.
I quietly listen to what they were saying.

"So I heard that concubine Liling have woken up from her illness. " said the other guy. The 4th prince quietly nodded his head and fan himself with his white fan.

"She seem somewhat different..." said the 4th prince.

"What do you mean different, your highness?'' said the other guy.

"Nothing," he said as he quietly fan himself like he was thinking.

He tiled his head up towards my direction and his eyes locked contracted with mines; I quickly shut the window.