Chapter twenty four

Andy and I both stood up and went to the shower. We both washed our hair in the sink since there was no time anymore to shower and we blew our hair dry with Andy’s hairdryer. Then we both put on our suit. Andy’s phone buzzed. The message was from Juliet. Hey baby I’ll pick you up at six. Then we can hang out at your house for a whie and then go to the prom at seven. Xxxxxxx

I sighed. “What’s it baby?” Andy asked. I showed him the message. Andy sighed and hugged me tight. “I love you so much Ashy” he whispered in my ear. “I love you too Andy” I whispered back and kissed him lightly but passionately. “Where do I have to go when Juliet’s coming over?” I asked after we broke apart. Andy was quiet for a second. “I’ll ask mum” he said sadly and took my hand. We both went downstairs to Andy’s parents to ask what to do.

Stay in their bedroom. That was the plan. So I stayed in their bedroom but when Juliet arrived she said hi to Andy’s parents and then they went upstairs. I heard Juliet talk. “What’s behind this door?” she asked. “My parent’s bedroom” he said. “Ohh shall we go in there?” Juliet asked and the door grip went down. My heart started ramming in my chest so I just lay down under the bed quickly. “I don’t know it’s” Andy said but then Juliet opened the door. “What’s it baby?” Juliet asked. “It’s erhm… nothing” Andy said awkwardly. I could almost hear him think; ‘where’s he?’

 They sat down on the bed. “Shall we make out?” Juliet whispered seductively. “I-I don’t think that’s a good-“ Andy was cut off because Juliet kissed him. She moaned softly. “Andy, please” She whispered. “I-I just don’t feel like doing this” Andy said. “Shall we just talk then?” Juliet asked. “That’s okay” Andy said.

“Well,” Juliet started. “What’s it?” Andy asked. “What’s that with you and fagboy?” Juliet asked. “What do you mean?” Andy asked. “Well, you just seem to yeah have a lot in common” she said. “Actually I think we have” Andy said softly. “Why? I mean, you’re so different. You’re handsome and skinny, and he’s fat, ugly and suicidal.”  Juliet said. “Suicidal?” Andy asked. “Yeah he had cuts all along his arms” Juliet said. “It was so nasty. I mean, you have to be like psycho to do that right?” Juliet asked. “I think you only have to be depressed” Andy said. “Well whatever he is, he’s a freak. And fat and ugly.” She said. “He isn’t fat actually” Andy said. “I think he is” Juliet said, getting bitchy now. “Okay” Andy sighed. ”Don’t you think so?” she asked. “Yeah” he said. He sounded really convinced. Did he really think I am fat? Tears welled up in my eyes.

I was so weak. I was crying all the time. Crying when someone called me a name. I was a coward.

“Andy” Andy’s mum called. “Yeah?” Andy asked. “Where are you?” she asked. “Your bedroom, I’m searching for a um… belt”. He quickly made up a lie. “Oh okay but I have some sad news about your uncle, is it okay if we can talk for a second?” Andy’s mum asked. “Yeah it’s okay, come in” Andy said. I heard Juliet sigh annoyed.

“Juliet, sweetheart, could you leave for a second? Give us two minutes” Andy’s mum said. Juliet nodded and I heard her walk away. Andy’s mum closed the door and sat down next to Andy on the bed. “Where’s he?” Andy asked. “I’m here” I said and appeared again. “Oh baby” Andy whispered and hugged me tight. I just started crying again, causing my make up to run down my cheeks. Andy started crying too. “Shall I ask Juliet to leave?” Andy’s mum asked. Andy nodded. I got under the bed again, keeping my crying silent and Andy’s mum let Juliet in again. “Why are you crying?” Juliet asked. “His uncle died” Andy’s mum said. Andy just cried. “that sucks” Juliet said. “I-Is it okay i-if I’m going to-to the prom a little later?” Andy sobbed. “Well” Juliet said. “I don’t know” she said.

“P-please, only a half hour” Andy sobbed. “Okay” Juliet sighed. “But you’re going to make that up for me, so be sure you’re dressed very nice and you can be the hottest guy of the prom and I can be the hottest girl” she said. Andy nodded. Juliet kissed Andy one last time and then she went to the prom. When she had left the house I appeared again.

Andy and I went to our room and Andy’s mum went downstairs again. I buried my head in a pillow while I lay down on the bed crying. Andy just lay down next to me and wrapped both his arms around me. I let out a shaky breath. “Baby” he whispered. I looked up at him, my vision was blurry, but his electric blue eyes were visible. Just like a light in the dark.

“I’m so sorry” he whispered. “I’m sorry too” I whispered back. Andy pulled me into his lap and I lay my head down at his chest as he wrapped his arms around me again. I felt so comfy in his arms.

After fifteen minutes we both got up again and got ready for the prom. We did our make up and then we walked to school.

We walked down the center of the villages, along the malls with lighted windows, hand in hand, in our black suits. It was almost like a film. We walked to school and when we came in we were squeezed together because of the mass of people.

I just walked over to the back and sat down there. Of course no one wanted to dance or talk with me. “Hey look! Fagboy’s here too!” Travis yelled. “Haha, look he’s wearing make up again” Juliet said laughing. Then she saw Andy. “Andy” she squealed. “Hi” he said. She kissed him passionately. It almost broke my heart.

They went off to dance and I just sat there the whole night.

Half way of the night we all had to vote for the hottest guy and the hottest girl for that night.

Thirty minutes later the DJ stopped the music and asked to all come closer. People pushed me and I ended up standing in front of the stage. “Ladies and Gentlemen!” the DJ screamed enthusiastically.

“The votes are counted! The one with the less votes was Ashley Purdy, he had only one vote!” the DJ called. People laughed at me and I felt tears burning behind my eyes. “What asshole voted for fagboy?” Juliet screamed and everyone started laughing.

“And then now the hottest guy and hottest chick of tonight…”