VIII

"I can't believe this

"I can't believe this."

Soyoung's mouth is agape, her manicured nails wrapped around the cup of coffee Hana made for her while her cup of tea sat on the table in front of her.

Hana was all cuddled up in a blanket on her sofa, Puppy sat on her lap comfortably as she pet her soft fur.

"Yeah, I don't either."

Hana had been MIA for the past five days, after what happened all she did was go to work and come back home. She didn't stop at the coffeehouse neither did she stop anywhere else, only in and out of work. It was on the third day that Soyoung got tired of her bullshit and showed up to her house with a furious look, demanding her best friend to tell her everything and after much budging and a cup of coffee, Hana spilled the tea.

"No wonder you've been so..."

"Distant? Exactly."

Before Soyoung can open her mouth again Hana cuts her off. "Don't ask me what I'm going to do because I'm not going to do anything."

"What the fuck do you mean you won't do anything?" Soyoung's face contorts in confusion and disbelief. She gets up from where she sat on the sofa adjacent to Hana and sits next to her.

"I mean I won't do anything, I don't know what to do so my default is doing nothing."

"Okay," Soyoung scoffs, "first of all, shut the fuck up."

Hana rolls her eyes at her friend who is being way too dramatic. "Can you stop swearing in front of Puppy? I don't want her to listen to such foul language."

"Okay, number two." Soyoung completely ignores Hana and raises her fingers to hold up two. Her eyebrows raised in a chastising manner. "You will speak to Jungkook. I know you're scared and confused about how to approach this but the boy is right. It's not everyday you meet your long lost best friend slash almost lover—"

"Can you not—"

"And expect to do nothing about it! Especially when he's the biggest idol on this planet."

Hana sighs helplessly. She wishes Soyoung could see this from her position, but the fact is she didn't. "I get what you're saying So but this is just, I have so much to say to him that I don't even know where to start. I mean what do I say? 'Fuck you for what you did six years back and even though I never wanted to see you again I wouldn't mind having you around.'"

Soyoung smiles lightly at her friend knowing that her humour isn't really coming from a good place.

"It wasn't just one big thing you know?" Hana mumbles, "there were so many small things building up. It didn't help that there were..." Hana pauses, her nose scrunching as she continues the sentence, "feelings from my side too."

Hana never, ever, wanted to speak about that.

"There could have been possible feelings from—"