Too Close For Comfort

Jevan's POV

"JEVAN! JEVAN! I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!" My sister's voice carried as she stepped into my office.

"Jada, one of the purpose of having a door is that so people can knock," I calmly told her, typing in my computer without giving her eye contact.

"Oh shut up. I'm not one of your little assistants," she laced.

"Of course not. And you couldn't be. I would have fired you a long time ago," I shot back.

"Whatever."

"Jada, I got tons of work to get done and a meeting in the next ten minutes. What do you want?"

"I was at the mall flat, finalizing the payments with the owners when...."

"Hold up. Wait a minute. Finalising the payments? You're buying the mall flat?"

"Actually, dad is."

"Yeah. Because you told him to and as the spoil princess that you are, he bought it for you."

"You got L.A Hollen Tower and Jase got the one in NYC so why can't I have a mall?"

"Hollen Tower got more than two branches. We're even international, Jada. You can have a tower."

"You think I want to sit behind a desk all day in a suit and attend meetings with people I don't even know or like?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Okay, you're your own person. But you wanted a salon, not a mall flat."

"I'm turning the mall flat into the biggest hair and beauty salon in L.A."

The mall flat was a piece of property just beyond Hollen Tower that was designed to construct another mall. It was on a stand still. The owners ran into some money problems when a fraud accusation arose and landed one of them in jail.

I chuckled. "Jada, that's stupid. You really think that is going to be successful? A big hair salon? Almost every celebrity got their personal hairstylist and makeup artist as well."

"I'm not doing this to attract celebs. What about the minorities, Jevan? What about the young ladies or even grown women in L.A who loves doing hair and makeup but can't afford a place because rent is so damn expensive? Some are even doing hair out on their porches. I'm going to put a change to that because I'm going to build that big ass hair salon and hire them to work in it. And don't worry about celebrities, they're going to come. I got what it takes."

"Okay. I wish you all the best in that endeavor."

"You don't mean that. You want to see me fail and come running to you asking for a job."

"Jada, you're my little sister. I don't ever want to see you fail. You got big dreams and you're passionate about it and you care about the people who don't got much. A person with a heart like yours can't fail. I'm proud of you and I'll support you."

The next thing I knew, she was hugging me around my neck. "I love you big brother."

"Big brother loves you too but now you got to leave. I got a meeting."

I rose and straightened my suit.

"I still haven't told you what I came to tell you," she blurted out.

I exhaled sharply. "What again, Jada?"

"Well, as you already know, the mall flat is next to the already constructed and operating mall, right?"

"Right."

"Well, after I was through with talking to the owners, I decided to take a roam in the actual mall. You'll never guess who I saw."