Chapter 52: Let's talk

- Heather's POV

"Alright Class, it's time to wrap up for the day. Pack your things and get lined up." I announce from my desk.

It was a wonderful first day back. The kids made me a welcome back sign that hung above the front board. I also had flowers that were picked from playground waiting on my desk. Thankfully they didn't ask really too many questions. It helped that Luca would change the conversation everytime someone asked something he didn't like. That boy.

Xavier told me he had a surprise for me later tonight but first I needed to talk to Cami about moving in with Xavier and Luca. I haven't really seen her since the kidnapping. I told Xavier I wanted to spend the evening with her which he absolutely was against. I promised him I would come back home. I can still remember the grin he displayed when I refer to his house as my home.

"Miss Heather. You won't be leaving again, will you?" The front of the line questions me however everyone's eyes are on me. I gently smile and answer with an absolutely not which made everyone smile.

"Have a wonderful evening class!" I hug each student as they walk out. The last student being Luca who is sporting a huge grin. I just giggle and walk over to my desk grabbing my bad. Luca holds an outstretched hand which I take.

"Good Day Miss Heather." Leo chirps from the door.

"Hi Leo, what have I told you about calling me just Heather. None of this Miss business." I say with a pointed look. He just chuckles and shake his head. He leads us out to the car. I climb in with Luca followed by Leo getting in the front with the driver.

"Momma are you coming home with me?" I rub Luca's hair shaking my head negatively.

"I am going to see Aunt Cami for a little bit." His eyes go wide and his facial expression changes.

"You said that last time." He whispers out playing with his fingers. I automatically realizing what he is thinking. I lean towards the driver's seat.

"Luca is coming with me." Luca's eyes snap up and a grin covers his face. I smile back at him as Leo chuckles.

A short drive later and we are pulling up to the house. I fidget in my seat realizing I haven't been here since. My mind racing back making me relive it. I begin breathing faster, my heart rate beginning to pick up speed. I am snapped out of my thoughts by Luca's small hand on top of mine. He gives me a smile and a gentle squeeze. I exhale deeply and return his smile. The door to the house swings open revealing a smiling duo.

"H!"

"Beauty!"

I chuckle at them but get out of the car still in hand with Luca. Cami sees him and kneels down opening up her one good arm. The other still in a sling. Luca lets go of my hand racing over to her. I turn back to Leo and the driver. I give them my thanks and tell them we will meet them later at the house. They look at each other giving a skeptical look before I assure them we will be fine. They pull out heading back to the house. I turn back to my closest family who are currently holding Luca near the door.

"Beauty, we have missed you." Nicholas says with outstretched arms. I run into them hugging him tightly.

"Hey, she's my best friend. My turn!" Cami says with a fake pout. We giggle at her but I turn to her and my eyes begin watering. She sees this and gives me a gentle smile. "Your home."

I begin crying going into her shoulder wrapping my arms around her waist. Luca now standing watching me cry runs to my legs hugging them tightly. I place one hand on his head while still holding onto Cami for dear life.